I just got my new iphone 3g and...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Connors ITouch is sick, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Connors ITouch is sick

Connors ITouch is sick New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i want to jailbreak it but im scared. i already have a jjailbroken itouch and i know how to do everything perfectly but im still scared. Will AT&T cancel my plan if its jailbroken? If I restore will my contacts erase? Is it easier to brick an iphone opposed to a ipod? So many doubts! Can someone hep-a-brutha?

UPDATE: SORRY I DIDNT REALIZE I WAS IN GAMES WHEN I POSTED.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Fehr

Fehr New Member

It's the same story as an iPod Touch. Restoring deletes everything, including contacts. BUT, your AT&T plan will still remain, crappy as always. One thing. If you want to unlock your iPhone 3G with a SIM card (not an AT&T plan obviously), then do NOT, and I cannot stress this enough, do NOT update to 2.0.1 because that changes your baseband...

The answer to your question: It's nearly impossible to brick an iPod Touch and iPhone.

Tip: If iTunes spits out crap-errors at you, like, an iPod Touch was connnected but it can not be identified, just stick your iPod into DFU mode (check YouTube or run a search if you don't know how to do this) and do a restore. Easy peezy.

You really can't screw up ^^. It's a Win - Win situation.

Toodles, Fehr.
  3. epnfatbdy

epnfatbdy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It is all the same as with the ipod 9I think, I have the phone so Im not sure)...if you jailbreak it, and apple somehow finds out (if u take it in, or anything I dont know about) they will void your warranty, meaning you will have to pay the $199-$499 price again if something goes wrong with it. it isn't easier to brick the phone, but it is easier to run into more problems, since the phone has more parts to it. I've had the ATT service stop working because I jailbroke it (so I restored), the wi-fi didn't work, the phone didn't work, even though it said I was still on ATT, the internet (this was on my old edge 1) stopped working, iTunes somehow got me mixed up with an iPot, and then told me I had to pay for the update. A whole bunch of things can go wrong...Personally, I say don't do it, there is too much at stake. I am quite happy with 2.0.1 (2.0 sucked!!!), and 2.1 will be amazing. but, i am only this happy because I have some change to spare, so I bought apps. If I didn't have money I would definately of just jailbroken, despite the risks. Sure, your missing out on summerboard, customize, the emus, islsk, etc. but your getting higher quality things instead. Hopefully, apple will refine the sdk rules to let in a summerboard application, or an intelliscreen app.

Well,
    Good Luck!
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Lol!

Better change you name now.

Uh... everything should be the same, just use Pwnage. But with the iPhone 3G settings of course...