I just got my iPod back from apple...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by i-r-david, Feb 4, 2008.

1. i-r-david

i-r-david New Member

I sent my iPod off to apple to fix the screen because it had loads of dead pixels and when I got it back and updated the software I had the 1.1.3 applications on it and I didn't even pay for them.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    quie simply they give u a new ipod...they always have done this....thats why it says in the manual made out of recycled something or other...thats wat it sometimes means, and when someone gets a faulty one ou of the box, it just means they've been given either a faulty one by birth or theyve been given ures accidently. but its all very nice even though u could just jailbreak it
  3. Pezmaster1

Pezmaster1 New Member

buttt, there not on your itunes so youll loose them if you factory reset

actually, maybe theny transfer onto your itunes wen you sync.
    meh
  4. Jj--1992

Jj--1992 New Member

Yeah they should just sync to itunes when you plug it in because if they didnt every new ipod would lose its apps when they plugged it into itunes for the 1st time
  5. i-r-david

i-r-david New Member

Yeah, I know it's a new iPod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was actually wondering about what would happen if I factory reset it. Is it certain that the apps would be kept? :S
  6. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They always replace your ipod with a new one, so you probably got one of the 'new batch' that have 1.1.3 firmware with the apps already activated on them.

..Why would it lose the apps once they plugged it into iTunes? It's a new iPod with the apps already activated as part of the firmware.
  7. i-r-david

i-r-david New Member

Not when it's synced, when it's factory reset.
  8. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    these apps are very "smart" in a way. before the jailbreak there was no way to share the apps unless u shared ure accounts. even then u were limited. theres a reason for this. 1) theyve got this thing where it noes whos bought it and which ipods its in. 2) HERES THE IMPORTANT BIT: if u bought after the 15th u will plug ure ipod in and it will noe through a special file by 2 numbers and these 2 numbers show the week when ure ipod was manufactured. so of course not. it will always be there. itunes isnt stupid, they noe things go wrong. so they made it so if u need to restore it will always be there for u to sync back in

there are lots of other threads before the jailbreak about this if u dont believe me. in fact heres one:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33787
    first thread in the 3char search of $20 Apps

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=226953
    just another one