I jailbroke my iPod, and now it seems a lot slower? Is this Normal??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Noisemaker, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I used the latest version of winpwn, and the 2.0.0 firmware. The end result was my iPod Touch seeming really slow. Is that normal? I only had 4GB of music on it at the time (It's an 8GB), and only a few apps (Installer, Cydia, Winterboard, and a couple others).

Is a jailbroken iPod touch on 2.0.0 firmware normally slower than a jailed ipod touch on 2.0.2 firmware?

I ended up restoring it to the normal 2.0.2 firmware because I couldn't get the apps I wanted anyway (non-compatible with 2.0 without SSH'ing them in...which I didn't know how to do until ~20 mins ago).

Can anyone tell me if the slowness is normal? Should I re-jailbreak it to see if that helps? Could making a new jailbroken firmware help?
  2. andydam123

andydam123 Member

2.0.0 lags alot. Use 2.0.1. 2.0.2 lags like how 2.0.0 lags.
  3. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Ok, I'll get a 2.0.1 version of the firmware.

Is WinPwn the best to use? I've used it once already and it went smoothly. Would it be best to just stick with it?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

QuickPwn was only really made to be fast, for people who don't want to restore. It was not made to be stable and dependable like WinPwn was made to be.
  5. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

2.x is the only firmware with me where the loading times are pretty much exactly the same while in-jail and jail-broken

Please Register or Log in to view images

apart from the start-up where the Apple logo shows

1.x totally lagged like it was carrying bricks or something, or still filing its way out of the jail (through the bars)