I Jailbroke my Ipod and have some questions

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by StyleCore, Aug 5, 2009.

1. StyleCore

StyleCore New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I jailbroke my iPod I must must say it is quite impressive! I just have a few questions.
    1. how to delete themes from winterboard? I dont need all of the themes I have
    2. Any time I get a new app or theme about 5 pages of blank icons appear,how do I fix that
    3. How do I customize the bar with wifi, time etc. I want to get a numeric battery and change the iPod text.
    4 How do i get custom music players?
    That is all I have to ask. Thank you for reading and please answer.
  2. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

1) SSH into /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX, then delete the themes you don't want there. You can also uninstall theme from Cydia if you downloaded from there. Just open Cydia, go to manage, the packages, and fine the one you want to uninstall, click it, then touch modify and remove.

2) I have no idea actually, sorry. You can delete the blanks though I think the same way you would delete an app from the App Store.

3) You can download new wifi symbols etc in Cydia, numeric battery in SBsettings hit more then Extras and Options. You can change the text of the iPod with MakeitMine in Cydia.

4) I use this site, just SSH into /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX and activate with Winterboard.
  3. StyleCore

StyleCore New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you for the fast reply, now i just need to learn SSH lol. Thanks for your help again.
  4. Pandawg

No problem, you have to get OpenSSH from Cydia, and get WinSCP, or at least that's what I use, on your computer. The Host Name is your iPod's Wi-fi IP Address, which can be found in SBsettings, or Settings, Wi-fi, hit the little clue arrow that's next to the network you're connected to. Put the IP Address as the host name in WinSCP, and the User Name is root, and the password is alpine.
  5. StyleCore

StyleCore New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks so much, everything worked! youre my hero(well for my ipod touch). Thank You Thank you Thank you
  6. Pandawg

No problem, if you need any more help just post or drop me a PM

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. frozenkimchi

frozenkimchi Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    btw just incase get automatic ssh and toggle ssh
  8. Chronico

Chronico New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think ive seen an app called somthing like "fix blankes" in cydia. I had all my package sorces installed at that time.