I jailbroke my ipod and have a question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Will, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Will

Will New Member

I just jailbroke my ipod touch with the tinyurl link and it worked great, I downloaded summer board and I changed my wallpaper but it still doesnt show it in the backround? how do I add wallpapers? also when I downloaded the theme revolver and set it, nothing happens..... someone help

Also what program is it that you can use msn, aim chat?
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Go into SMB settings and turn off "theme wallpaper"

I use Apollo for ICQ/MSN
  3. shavey99

shavey99 New Member

app

Apollo is the IM app...
    to get your wallpaper make sure you have summer board settings as using your own wallpaper and not the theme's wallpaper.
  4. Will

Will New Member

Also I notice there wasn't many programs to choose from?, Mostly themes and like nes program but thats bout it and sketches? I was wondering isn't there suppose to be more programs such as maps etc....?
  5. Will

Will New Member

NVM I figured out you need to install the subsystem and communitysources,

so how do I get maps?

Also I turned off theme wallpapers on summerboard and still no wallpaper background?

what programs uses ssh and what is it meant for? I heard it kills your battery so I turned it off.
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Do a forum search for "Sources" and look at how to get "all sources" on your ipod.
  7. Will

Will New Member

Hi I did a search and it didnt answer any of my questions. I found

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8180&highlight=sources

Can any one answer so how do I get maps?

I turned off theme wallpapers on summerboard and still no wallpaper background and the wallpaper below it is turned on?

Also

what programs uses ssh and what is it meant for?
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

use repo.us.to for iphone apps.
  9. Will

Will New Member

How do I do that do I just visit the URL? How am I suppose to add google maps? anyone help please.

Also my summerboard app is still not showing a wallpaper in the background no matter what I turn off and on. NVM fixed this problem, just needed a reboot
  10. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They just moved to http://applerepo.a.la, the files are still the same and hosted on repo.us.to, so no worries (you'll get a big red warning telling you it's not safe, you can disregard it).

You add this address in the Installer, in "Sources" (bottom right). Then refresh and check the software under the category "iPhone 1.1.2 Apps for iTouch". There is a "Google Maps Prep 1.1.2" to install before the actual Map, don't forget it.

EDIT: oh, and you have to reboot your iPod before you'll see the modifications by SummerBoard. Switch it off then on again, or type "reboot" in the terminal, or Reboot from the SysInfo app, or ...

Please Register or Log in to view images

The ssh daemon is called when commands are received on its port from the network, in plain English it's used to connect a terminal to your iPod and send Unix-like commands. I don't see why it should consume power, even less kill your batteries since it's mostly idle, but if you don't use that, better to free the memory for other tasks. It's handy with WinSCP to transfer files to/from the iPod if you need to hack it a little bit, until a more sophisticated USB program is available.