I hear things about drained battery life...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Yoshi and Roy, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Yoshi and Roy

Yoshi and Roy New Member

So I've been reading anything and everything in this forum regarding Jailbreaking my iPot, and I seem some repeated posts of "my battery drains a lot faster since I've jailbroken my touch." I've heard this can be remedied by turning off SSH or something, but can someone explain to me exactly what I need to do to keep this from happening (if I DO need to disable SSH, or if there's nothing at all and people are just crazy)? Thanks for your help!
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Most people that are complaining about this most likely already have SSH turned off, but they still feel the battery is draining quicker. My guess is because alot of people install tons of apps, and then don't completely shut them down by holding the home buton for a full 5 seconds.

SSH is a program that allows your ipod to accept file tranfer via wifi, it is the only way to transfer files right now as the ipod has no native disk-mode. SSH is constantly looking for a signal which drains the battery. You can install a program from installer called "services" which allows you to turn off SSH, and Wifi.
  3. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yeah, the 5 second rule is killing me. (except for food, thats the only time it helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

)