I haven't even had it a month...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by russler, Jan 28, 2010.

1. russler

russler New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got an iPod touch 3g for Christmas. Someone talked me into jailbreaking it with blackra1n. I was using it when the battery died, so I hooked it up to itunes and restored it. OOPS. I think I was supposed to run blackra1n again?

Now, all I see is the "connect to itunes" picture. When I tried to restore my ipod I get through everything until the restore is actually happening where there is a little progress slider on the ipod and one on the computer as well. The one on the computer finishes when the ipod is about halfway and then it tells me that an unknown error (14) has occurred.

I've also tried running blackra1n again, and it just brings up that guy's picture. Nothing happens. I'd really just like to get it off my ipod all together, I wasn't really impressed with jailbreaking.

I don't think I have a cable problem because it is brand new. I've tried all my usb ports and restarted the computer but nothing works. I checked the error code and with the difference in the progress sliders, I'm thinking there is a problem with TCPWindowSize????

I hate for my first post to be a "help me!" thing, but I love my ipod and I don't want it to die!

My ipod is a 3G with 3.1.2 and I'm on a windows xp computer.
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU Restore that sucker and try again xD.
  3. russler

russler New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've tried to DFU restore (Hold both buttons release top button when screen goes black, release round button when itunes finds it and get a black screen right?) I shift+restored it but no matter what I do, I always get error 14 almost at the end of the restore process.

I've tried doing blackra1n over and over and I just get stuck at geohot's face. I've tried putting it into DFU mode and running blackra1n also but it just says waiting for device when I do this. Should I have itunes up when I do this or no?

I've searched and searched and I just can't figure it out...
  4. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmmm, maybe the .ipsw you are trying to restore to has been corrupted...try deleting the firmware file you are trying to restore with...

1. Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and press R.

2. Paste the following and press enter:

%Userprofile%\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

3. Delete the .ipsw file from that folder.

4. Try another DFU restore...iTunes will then redownload the firmware and restore (nb. This may take a while depending on your connection, as it is a 250mb file)

Hopefully that will work

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. russler

russler New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thanks, i'll try it and let you know
  6. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mmmmh... is error 14 the one you need to do it on a new computer(which u never plugged your ipod on)?
  7. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If the method above does not work, try this: Turn off the iPod and hold down the home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. Then restore.
  8. russler

russler New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well whaddya know? I redownloaded the firmware and it brought my iPod back to life! Man I've missed it these last few days! Thank you so much for your suggestions, I'm never jailbreaking anything again haha. I have the option to restore my old settings or set it up as a new iPod. I'm just going to set it up as a new one to be safe.

My only question now, is is anything blackra1n or jailbreak related left on my iPod? I don't ever want to have this problem again.
  9. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you did a DFU restore and set your iPod up as a new device in iTunes there will be nothing of the Jailbreak left.

You should be fine to reJailBreak, all y ou need to remember is not to restore at the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

Glad it worked for you

Please Register or Log in to view images