I Haven't Been On For A Long Time.....Let Me Catch Up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by keepup, Aug 1, 2008.

1. keepup

keepup New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    So I haven't been on this site for like 2 months. Sadly...I'm still on 1.1.4....or wait sadly??

So yeah Apple released AppStore...I know that...and they also released firmware 2.0. So now after spending over 2 weeks figuring out how to get from 1.1.3-1.1.1-1.1.4...now I'm suppose to figure out how to get 2.0.

Or should I? I read the stickys on the 2.0 category and people say that 2.0 is for like advance/smart iPod users....is this true?

It's to my knowledge that many apps that work for my current 1.1.4 will not work for 2.0. Does this mean like pool, ttr, all the emulators, raging thunder, etc...will not work if I get 2.0? And it doesn't have an Installer?

So can anyone give me a run down of the pros and cons for to switching from 1.1.4 to 2.0? I have a feeling 2.0 is more for the advance users...until 2.0 becomes easiyer for the public.

Thanks a lot.
  2. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Jul 16, 2008
    2.0 is easier to use than installer but you have to pay for some applications. The jailbreaking of 2.0 is more confusing than 1.1.x because there are more steps needed and it is new.