i have tried everything, and this is my last resort

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by mynameisBEEKMAN, Feb 13, 2008.

1. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    first off, i am not a NOOB, i know what im doing...........

i cannot restore my ipod, nor can i use it nor can i use programs like ibriker or iphuc to get it out of recovery

heres what happened: last night i was on a jb 1.1.3 and was playing around with it (Nate trues, i did it the day it came out...) i decided that for fun i would set summerboard to default......... did that, re sprung, and got nothing, ok, so, restart, nothing, ok, wait untill morning, back up my files (it seems as tho only the GUI of the ipod didnt work, because i could ssh....) and use itunes to restore to 1.1.3 (i was gunna use ZIphone after) did that, used ZIphone, all good, installed summerboard, set my theme, and boom, same thing happened again.........now i have tried every possible way to restore and nothing........ itunes says "an unknow error occured" right after "Preparing ipod for restore"

please, im not a noob, ive tried everything, i didnt want to have to make a thread, because i know people will go "USE THE SEARCH!!!!" but guess what, i did!!!

just please, i need major help
  2. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

Well i know your not a noob. But have you tried unplugging from computer then holding down home and power button. Make sure its unplugged from computer or it will continue to be in recovery mode. If that doesnt work then if you have ssh installed and you can ssh into your iPod (i dont think you can but its worth a try) and then delete every folder and try to restore. If that doesnt work then last resort is wait till battery dies. Then see what happens when you plug it in.
  3. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    bump, i really need help

This is the farthest itunes has gotton:

Please Register or Log in to view images

^^you posted at the same time, tried all those, and in all my attempts my battery has died..........

Attached Files:

4. sopela123

sopela123 New Member

not sure if this will help but that happened to me once and i finally solved by restoring in a different pc. then i was able to go back to my own pc. you can also try to us DFU mode instead of restore mode, that helped me once also.
  5. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had the same problem. What i did was I used the 1.1.3 downgrader with iphuc where you copy that WTF file to your ipod, then i tried restoring to 1.1.1 and it worked.
  6. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    didnt work, i tried that this morning.................... ill try the other computer tonight when my dad gets home
  7. mossme89

mossme89 Member

what is the error message you get?
  8. edge0

edge0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    dude the answer is so simple...
    u hafta restore ur ipod on a different computer and dont sync anything

once u restore on a different computer, u can sync it back to ur original computer and everything works... i know, this happened to me
  9. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ill try that tonight, when my dad gets home, so i can use his laptop.......
  10. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Maybe try trashing itunes and re-installing it? I tried to JB with ZIphone, and I got stuck in recovery mode and itunes didn't recognize my touch. I tried the hard restore, and unplugging, held down home, and plug the usb in while still holding home. With both methods itunes would load up but my Touch didn't show up. I was going to go to the Apple Store as a last resort, but this morning I trashed itunes, re-installed it, and use the 2nd recovery method (touch unplugged, held down home, plugged in still holding home, and it went into recovery mode, the new itunes recognized an ipod in recovery and i could restore.