I have the key, how do I use it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Feb 9, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, I have just run aircrack on my ipod touch. It gave my a WEP key. It says its fully decrypted but I don't know how to use it. I have searched far and wide on this forum and elsewhere for what to do with the WEP key once it is obtained but I cant find anything. How do I turn the key into a password? Also, when I run aircrack, it doesn't let me choose what network to sniff. I type in "/var/aircrack/aircrack-ng -a 1 /var/aircrack/touch.ivs" into terminal and it says it is going to start with the first network. It won't let me chose what network to get the key from. How do I choose?
  2. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

hate to burst your bubble but to my knowledge, the aircrack version for the ipod touch decodes a default sniff or whatever its called. you cant really crack wep keys with an ipod touch. yet.. because the ipod doesnt have the capability to capture packets or something. search around in the forums
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, what if I used a laptop to get the key? Once I have gotten the key, how do I use that to gain access to the access point? Do I just type the entire key as a password into my ipod touch? That seems a little odd.
  4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

The key IS the password. It should look something like this:

87326C92B5E67102AF593089BC

(That's my one of my WEP keys, but with all the numbers and letters changed!)
  5. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    do you mean to tell me that when the admin choose a password, he had to choose something so incredibly complicated that even the admin couldn't remember it? That seems a little over protective. I just hope that my ipod will remember it when I do type it in. I don't want to have to do it more than one time.
  6. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

You can use a laptop to get the key. Its tough since you need a wifi card that can monitor passively or something. And yes once youve got the wep key just enter it when it asks you.

Most wep keys are like that. The admins probably have it written down somewhere or have a text file from which they can copy and paste.

Here you can generate your own wep keys:
    http://www.andrewscompanies.com/tools/wep.asp
  7. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, I'm gonna use commview on my target network. I'm not sure if I have the proper wireless card. My properties say that my brother's laptop (which he never uses) has a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN wireless card. The driver file is BCMWL5.SYS. I wouldn't know if this card could monitor wirelessly. If I don't have the proper drivers but the right card, where can I get the proper drivers? I tried using the tutorial in the help files of Commview but it didn't seem to point me in the right direction.
  8. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

not my area sry. try and google cracking wep key on mac or something
  9. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, I'm running a pc. I don't think I have the right card on my brother's lap top to do this. I would use my lap top but it has a 15 minute battery life and a broken back light. Also, it has trouble with the disk drive. I've basically converted it into a desktop by adding a bigass old school cathode ray tube monitor and an external CD/DVD drive. I guess my best bet is to wait for Nobody_DMZ to put together that wep cracking software for the itouch. My original plan was to use my Christmas money to buy a new laptop but I was short on funds. So instead I bought an itouch. I'm just worried that they won't be able to get the wireless card on the itouch to be able to do this.