I have the first bricked iPod Touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mortel, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    iPod isn't bricked anymore, fixed! (This can be locked now, since i'm embarrassed).

I'm not really happy about this, I have no clue what I am going to tell my parents. <_<

But I have the first bricked iPod touch. It will not boot into springboard, whatever I do. It is severely messed up.

When I try to restore it in iTunes, it restores successfully. But then after i dismiss the automatic message that iTunes gives, saying that it restored successfully, another message comes up saying that it detects an ipod in recovery mode!

I have a feeling that this happened because of me following that stupid tutorial on how to dual boot your iPod touch. All I did was follow the instructions exactly as written in the thread, and now this happens.

Just wonderful! I am now short of an iPod touch.
    I might make a video of the problem soon. But to anyone that says that the iPod touch cannot be bricked, it can be bricked, as mine is bricked right now.
  2. OMGitstheBishop

OMGitstheBishop Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  3. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No kidding. And I'm pretty upset right now, and would appreciate it if you had an actual comment/suggestion, not just a useless word.

Thanks for your input.
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

really
    just keep trying at it and hopefully something will happen
    if not, just take it back to apple, they won't know that it was jailbroken would they?
    after all, it is restored
  5. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

did u try entering DFU mode then restoring?
  6. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea, I'm trying over and over again. I have restored about 6 times now, the first 2 times I tried doing it to 1.1.4, then I tried 1.1.1, then 1.1.2, then 1.1.3, and now 1.1.4 again. D:
  7. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmmm.. odd the chances of the problem occuring because you were trying to dual boot your ipod because it says on all tutorials that any problem can generally be fixed by restoring.. When you turn on your ipod what does it show?
  8. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes. I have tried entering DFU mode manually, although it didn't work because it was already in recovery mode. I also entered DFU mode through ZiPhone, and it gave me the message that it was done successfully, so I'm trusting that. Plus, for further evidence that it worked, the background changed to blue behind the iTunes logo. So yea, I tried it from DFU mode.
  9. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    When I turn on my iPod, it shows the Apple logo for about 2 seconds, and then the "connect to iTunes" picture, with the USB and the iTunes logo.

D:
  10. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    when it shows the connect to itunes logo thing, then just connect it? in theory it should work?