I have the antenna problem!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RedrumsSam, Sep 13, 2010.

?

Trade my iphone in

Poll closed Sep 23, 2010.
  1. Yes

30.0%
  2. No

70.0%
  1. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok, so I just got my iphone 4 on friday and I have noticed the antenna issue. The phone overall gets worse reception than my iphone 3g did, and if i hold it in my left hand, with the side of the phone resting against my palm, I will eventually lose signal completely. I have ordered a case and I try to hold the phone in a way that doesn't cause this problem, but I don't get full bars as often as I did with my 3g, should I try to trade my iphone 4 in for another one?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Care to tell me why you guys said no?
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    These problems have been well known. You know what you signed up for. They will not replace it for you, they can refund it though. Your case will fix the issue however.

If a product has a problem and it is widespread, chances are, you should avoid that item.
  3. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Really? I thought a company would rather replace then refund. At least that why there are keeping customers.
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I got the iphone 4 because I know people who have it and don't have the problem, so I thought that the antenna issue was blown out of proportion. And then I got one. Well, if some have the issue and some don't, then doesn't that prove that it's a hardware issue with some of the devices? I just figured I could trade mine in for one without the problem....
  5. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can still get the free case, if you were going to use one anyway then keep it, if you don't want a case then return it.

I recently got an iPhone 4 and barely noticed any reception issues except where it is a genuine low signal area.
  6. TheBigKing

TheBigKing Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I never has the experience with the antena problem
  7. CarlosTheJackl

CarlosTheJackl Member

Easy test to see how bad it actually is, call:

*3001#12345#*

and watch the now numbered cell reception.
    Hold the phone many ways and see how bad the drop actually is, if it is bad, then return it.
  8. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    did this and got "Error performing request Unknown Error"

Yeah, I ordered the free case and I found an otterbox defender on ebay for $30. I have tested it more in the last few days and it does seem to only be a problem when I'm in a low signal area(like my house). At my work, which has at&t cell signal routers throughout the building because its a hospital, I cannot reproduce the problem. I don't think it's really that big of a deal. Thanks for the input guys.
  9. CarlosTheJackl

CarlosTheJackl Member

oops, my bad
    thought you were on 4.1

Please Register or Log in to view images