I have some questions. . .

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kicker4106, Oct 21, 2007.

1. kicker4106

kicker4106 New Member

Hey guys.

I dont have an itouch nor an Iphone yet. Im having problems on which to choose. I need some help in deciding.

1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Ipod touch over the Iphone?

2. What does the Iphone have that the Ipod touch lacks? (aside from the bluetooth, camera, SMS, and calls.)

These are the current questions that can help me decide which to buy.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Assuming you Jailbreak, the only differences between the two devices are hardware related. While the iPhone only comes with an 8GB storage capacity, the iPod comes with your coice of either 8GB or 16GB.

Aside from the Camera, the iPhone also has the Cellular Radio as well as BlueTooth capabilities.

One important thing to note is that while both of the units have WiFi, only the iPhone can utilize AT&T's Edge network. Meaning that only the iPhone can get internet no matter where you are. With the iPod, you do need to be enar a Wifi source.

But then again, the iPhone has a mininum $69.99 monthly bill (plus taxes and fees).

Hope this helped, and welcome to the forum!
  3. kicker4106

kicker4106 New Member

so can the iTouch do emails? How about the applications which the Ipod touch is limited to. What are those apps that the Iphone have which cant be functional or simply not available for the Itouch?
  4. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Yes.. the only difference really aside from what was listed is the Touch relies on a WiFi connection..