I have seen a lot of the no signal things so I am just worried about

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPlunder, Mar 8, 2009.

1. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

I bought a 2g iphone off ebay which should be coming in the next few days and i have seen a lot of talk about the no signal failure while unlocking. I was just wondering is that for 3g only or should i also be worried this might happen to my 2g iphone. Does it also happen randomly or is it the unlockers fault when the no signal error happens?
  2. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it happens to both but u might wanna find a good guide for it first
  3. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

Even if i just follow the instructions on quickpwn i could ruin my iphone beyond software repair?
  4. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iPlunder - check out iClarified.com. There are a lot of good tutorials that you can use as guides. How you proceed depends on what firmware the phone has and what you want.

There is NO guarentee with the unlock/jailbreak but if you are careful you should be fine.
  5. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    Cant you just restore and everything will be fine and dandy?
  6. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

I heard it causes a hardware failure but i don't know how true that is.
  7. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    they just say that because they dont want to be held responsible for if you messed your iphone up and then blamed them

people repeat it because they like to make jailbreaking sound dangerous and risky and amazing.
  8. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iPlunder - I have jailbroken several ipoTs and unlocked/jailbroken two iphones. I have yet to "brick" anything, but the key is to proceed carefully.
  9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have had two 1st gen iphones and unlocked a few others and I can tell you you have nothing to worry about. Use quickpwn or pwnagetool on any of the 2.x FWs and you will be fine. As long as there is nothing wrong with the phone in the first place.

No harm is done with the unlock and any dropped network will be from the network. As long as the phone your getting is in good condition.

Just do not interupt bootneurter (the app that does the unlocking with quickpwn and pwnage) and you will be fine. Even if somehow you do screw it up a restore will fix it and bootneurter will fix just about any baseband problem should there be one.

I have never at all had a problem with ether tool or the unlocked phones.