I have officially bricked my Ipod Touch 2G! Nothing can be done!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnt2, Sep 11, 2010.

1. johnt2

johnt2 New Member

I tried to upgrade my ipod touch 2g from 3.1.2 to 4.1, and it got stuck in recovery mode. So I decided to downgrade, but I cannot. I'm stuck without being able to use my ipod touch.

Before you start commenting, I have tried adding the ip adress into my host file and then tried to downgrade, still doesn't work.
    I tried recboot and other kick out of recovery tools. Nothing works. I tried DFU restore that doesn't work either.

I don't want to call apple for $40, that's bullsh*t. Can anybody help me out?

Btw i did try to restore on 3 different computers.
  2. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Did you mean Restore Mode? DFU is Device Firmware Upgrade Mode (I think) which is meant for firmware upgrades. Restore Mode is for restoring your malfunctioned iDevice. Just try Restore Mode.

Well, it probably is in that mode that it takes 10 minutes to boot. I haven't done this in forever, but I think you have to open iTunes, connect your device, hold the home button and the sleep button for 10 secs, then release the sleep button and keep holding that home button. It should appear in iTunes, and your device should have a black screen. Click Restore in iTunes, and it'll restore to 4.1 (The latest firmware) hopefully.
  3. johnt2

johnt2 New Member

Did this and still no cigar.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyone else wanna give it a go?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Somebody please help me out.
  4. sdettmer

sdettmer New Member

mmmh. sound much smoke up there

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think the IOS4.1 is not for all devices and i read somewhere that problems happend. Did you got the right version? you know MC models need the mc version and so on. Did you try downgrade with IOS4.0? Did you got i in recovery mode or DFU mode? If you get it in, you can make it with the IOS4.0 which you download from the net. Recovery mode: Start itunes and plug into the usb. shift and restore at same time, DFU: Hold Power and Home buttom at same time (as you know)... and so on. Hope you will make it now....

If not: Sorry, send it to apple for repair or try selling it.
  5. johnt2

johnt2 New Member

I have legit tried everything. I'm currently on the phone with apple, hopefully they wont charge me anything for the phone call -.- My parents will kill me if they did. But anyways im on hold right now and the lady is trying to gather more information to see if I have missed or messed up anything. If not I'm going to have to drive for an hour for the nearest apple store and throw my ipod through their window.
  6. johnt2

johnt2 New Member

I FIXED IT! No need to visit apple store any more!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY!!

TY CYDIA you saved my ipod with the 3.0 shsh!