I Have Never Been In An Apple Store In My Life...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by keepup, Jul 1, 2010.

1. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I've never been in a Mac Store before...but I think I'm going to one this weekend...

I have an 16GB 1st Generation iPod Touch that DOESN'T work (I think it needs a new battery) and a 1GB 1st Generation iPod Nano...

My goal is to trade both of those in for a 32GB "Whatever generation they are on now" iPod Touch....

The thing is I don't have receipts for the two iPods...can I still do it? How much will I still have to pay for the 32GB after I trade the two iPods in?

And how do I do it? Do I just go into a store and find some Apple worker and just asked them?
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You will probably have to pay quite alot to upgrade and might aswell wait for the 4G iPod Touch.
  3. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    A 4G iPod Touch is coming out?!?!?!

WHEN!?!?
  4. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What? First off the 1GB 1st Gen Nano is worth like $5-$10. And you can't trade old broken iPod's for another iPod, sorry. I doubt you would be able to sell the iPod Touch, because it doesn't work.

Really your asking this- Can I trade a broken iPod and $10, for a new iPod Touch 32Gb 3rd Gen, which is $300.

Sorry.
  5. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not toooo looooooong, but not very soon...

& yeh, you will get barely any for the iPod Touch + Nano, hold on to them anyways though!
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A new iPod Touch usually comes out around September.
  7. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First of all I'm not asking that. I'm asking how much would I get for that...I know I'm going to have to pay WITH trading the 2 iPods in...

And September? Gahhhh I can't wait that longggg

Edit: And where I live I know TONS of people who trade in broken iPods for new ones. My friend had a 16GB 2nd Generation iPod Touch...it for some reason didn't work, he went to the Mac Store, told them it didn't work. The guy didn't even restore or reset it or anything, he just went to the back and got him a new one.
  8. Flying_MashedPotatoes

Flying_MashedPotatoes Banned

well, if your friend did it and it worked, then why dont you do it too??? since you feel so confident that you will get a new one, then go and do it... not my fault if you look like a poor idiot.
  9. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    How long ago was that? Did your friend still have a warranty on it? Knowing you have a first gen, you might not have a warranty on it so it might not work.
  10. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If he had a second gen, then he might have had a warrenty on you. You however don't. No 1st Gens have warrenties on them anymore. And he's not trading it for a brand new upgrade, he's getting the same thing.