I have JB !! - now how do I restore apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by craynerd, Feb 1, 2009.

1. craynerd

craynerd New Member

OK so I have got to the end and it is JB. I want to restore my original apps, so I chose restore from backup, it restores, shuts down at the very end, I repeat the "tethered" commands in cmp and it is still JB, I can see Clydia but none of my apps have been restored?!

help....iTunes is still recognising it as a new device and asking if I want to restore from backup or create as a new device,. I`m happy to create new device, but how do I restore all my apps from my old "backed up" device?

This is really annoying me, I`m happy I have JB it but I want to restore my apps!

Chris
  2. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    HAHA. Suck, if you knew what you were doing you would know that if you Restore from Backup it f***s up your iPod.
  3. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    plug it in. open itunes. restore last backup
  4. craynerd

craynerd New Member

Hi yes, I have done this and of course when it loads back up I get the black screen and I must then put it in DFU mode and repeat the last step of the JB. When it reloads, the ipod isn`t restored with my apps. It is still JB, but none of the backup music or apps have been restored.

HTML:
    itouchnathan HAHA. Suck, if you knew what you were doing you would know that if you Restore from Backup it f***s up your iPod. 
    Nothing useful to contribute, keep your trap shut.
  5. IPT_FTW

IPT_FTW Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
  6. craynerd

craynerd New Member

Sorry, looks to be working! I wasn`t leaving it long enough and didn`t notice it was syncing!

Cheers all