I have figured out Apple's plan for giftcards

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by reaper00004, Jun 23, 2009.

1. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Take a look at the paid apps in the appstore. And of the music and movies in iTunes. They all end in .99 or .29.

Giftcards are sold in dollar increments. But that's ok since I save a penny.
    But what's this? I have 20 cents left over? I shouldn't let it go to waste so I'll buy another giftcard to spend the extra few cents. But what's this? I have 5 cents left over? I shouldn't let it go to waste so I'll buy another giftcard to spend the extra few cents. But what's this? I have 9 cents left over? I shouldn't let it go to waste so I'll buy another giftcard to spend the extra few cents. But what's this? I have 5 cents left over? I shouldn't let it go to waste so I'll buy another giftcard to spend the extra few cents. But what's this? I have 18 cents left over? I shouldn't let it go to waste so I'll buy another giftcard to spend the extra few cents. But what's this? I have 2 cents left over? I shouldn't let it go to waste so I'll buy another giftcard to spend the extra few cents. But what's this? I have 40 cents left over? I shouldn't let it go to waste so I'll buy another giftcard to spend the extra few cents.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You have put way too much thought into this

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What the hell does this have to do with anything? If you don't want to waste money don't buy a gift card. It's not Apple's fault that you have to get rid of every last cent left on your account.
  4. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, it's because $0.99, looks a lot cheaper than $1.00, even though it really is only 1 a cent difference.
  5. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Guys, it's not a joke. I wasn't being sarcastic; I'm serious.
    Dead.
    Serious.
  6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's a good thing that wasn't a joke because it wasn't funny at all. I didn't even read it after the first line, since it looked like it would repeat for another 5 lines.
  7. Symphony

Symphony New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Conspiracy theory!
  8. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's marketing, always has been. People are more likely to buy something if it is 99.99 and not 100.00. Don't blame apple, don't blame anyone, It's done everywhere.

As for the gift card's being sold in what I assume (I haven't looked) $10 increments, It's kinda obvious, do you want to buy a giftcard for $19.80 ?

Y'all posting in a troll thread.
  9. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    6/10 for the suckers that believed this.

OP is just a bad, underage troll.
  10. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

Lawl, I just use my debit card so there is no left over.