iOS 4.1 I have bootrom jailbreak so I'm ok?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by freedomfighter452, Oct 11, 2010.

1. freedomfighter452

freedomfighter452 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So I have the bootrom exploit from limera1n on my iPod touch...does this mean now if there is an update I can just click update or do I need to dfu restore like normal? Plus if I wanted to get rid of the jailbreak what would I do since it's permanently jailbroken?
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You are back to normal when restore but no jb you need to wait for the tool to jailbreak you again. To get rid of your bootrom you need to send it into apple where they can tell you jailbroke, pay a fee and get a new one.
  3. TheDoctah

TheDoctah Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I think you are a bit confused.

Bootrom jailbreaks imply that the iPod can be jailbroken forever on any firmware that comes out. This does not mean that its permanently jailbroken though.

If you update your ipod, you will lose the jailbreak and have to re-jailbreak (provided the tools are available) each time.

To get rid of the jailbreak, you simply need to perform a restore in iTunes

Edit: iBricked beat me to the punch...info still applies
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Sorry I missed my brain a bit. Bootrom means that the hardware exploit cannot be patched and you can jailbreak every firmware as long as there is a jb tool. When you update you are not jailbroken at all, but some small detectable info may be left
  5. freedomfighter452

freedomfighter452 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So what's the point of a bottom exploit then?
  6. jotokun

jotokun Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    With a bootrom exploit, jailbreak developers dont need to find a new exploit for every firmware, they just need to update the tools. This means that every firmware will be jailbreakable, and usually they can be jailbroken very quickly after release.
  7. y2kss66

y2kss66 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It can't be patched by a firmware update, the tool will just need a simple fast patch to enable it to work on future iOS versions.
  8. samethernet

samethernet Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    can't be patched, the tool just need to be updated to use that same exploit on the newer IOS version, limera1n bootrom exploit is tethered, the reason the tool makes it untethered is because it also users a 2nd userland exploit which is patchable so we might only receive a tethered jailbreak next time
  9. freedomfighter452

freedomfighter452 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  10. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    True, but Comex has a lot of Kernel and userland exploits on hold he will use for major updates like iOS 4.2