I have an idea!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LXZ, Sep 28, 2009.

1. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This could either already be a wideley known fact, or could be complete stupid... either way, I was just thinking about it.

So Last year.. or w/e the whole 2nd gen came out and then the updated firmware for bluetooth came out.

My thoughts as to why Apple did not include bluetooth support to begin with is for two reasons.

1. Money (of course)
    2. But here is the big one. When new cracks come out to "jailbreak" ipods, and what-not Apple is forced to try and cover these exploits up.. now why in the hell would anyone update their firmware just for "bug fixes".. so apple came up with the plan to give you goodies as a real good reason to update, and in the back will also fix any new exploits.

I say this because I figure the only reason the FM tuner, and new Wi-Fi N capabilities within the new 3rd Gen were not enabled already is because Apple wants a new Jailbreak Exploit to be released.

I'll bet you that within a month to two months after the release of the first Jailbreak Exploit that apple will release a firmware update that enables one or all of the hidden features within the hardware.. thus fixing the exploit.

hmm..?
  2. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Are you telling me that my 3rd Generation iPod touch has a FM Tuner in it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, the new Broadcom BCM4329 chip has the ability to both receive and transmit FM signals.
  4. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    and Output HD-Video feature as well,,,, just like Zune HD.
  5. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That one is news to me...
    And I'm sure would require some special dock.
  6. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Outputing HD video is not a new "Feature". you can download HD video off the ipod via SHH, thus you can output hd video. The iPod can output HD video like the zune HD, it just needs to proper software + Accessory to connect to the dock.
  7. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Only iPod touch 3G and iPhone 3GS can play HD videos... older ipods will give error :-

The movie file is not supported.
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

They could also not add the feature as it's not ready for it yet. There were no Bluetooth apps available at the time of the 2G release. They also don't let anything out of their hardware before it's released.

They lock it, wait till an SDK update, then enable it when there are actually apps that can make use of the functionality

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    I can't sync HD formats to my iPod. I don't get any dialouges, it just skips it all together... I've got a 3G too :|