I have an idea to end the "bricking" questions!

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by thespaz, Apr 16, 2008.

1. thespaz

thespaz New Member

Some people are claiming they cannot revive their iPod touch after they tried using Pwnage Tool and somehow BRICKING IT by interrupting the process.

Now, I know there are SOME smart people in this forum that are claiming that it is still impossible to brick an iPod touch because the DFU Mode is linked to the BOOTROM (read-only) portion of the iPod and Pwnage Tool cannot modify the BOOTROM. These people I talk of claim that since the Bootrom isn't touched by Pwnage Tool, it is always possible to un-brick an iPod touch.

Now, here's the point I'm getting at.

Is anyone brave enough to purposely try and stop Pwnage Tool while it's flashing the Bootloader or try and restore to an iPhone firmware?

...Then once your iPod is in the "bricked status", try and restore it by getting it into DFU mode. If you can do this, video-tape it and post it on youtube so that everyone knows that people are stupid and they're not really bricking their iPods.

There's 2 scenarios that can happen here:

1. The iPod gets bricked and fixed easily by using DFU mode.
    2. Everyone who permanently bricked their iPods were right and there is no possible recovery from it as of yet.

Has anyone UN-BRICKED their iPods yet, or do they just take them back to Apple and get new ones?
  2. jerryfan23

jerryfan23 Banned

i got a new one from apple. im pretty sure if mine was not bricked the dudes at the apple store could have fixed it. im not a dumbass like some people and i know how to put it in dfu mode.
  3. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the people at the apple store arent very smart
    they dont know what dfu mode is i bet lol
  4. buddy39914

buddy39914 Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
  5. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats a great idea. I cant stand all these threads about pwnage bricking peoples ipods.
  6. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh yeah this is adumb question but how do you get into DFU mode? someone said it is the same as recovery mode. I think theyre wrong
  7. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    how could something get bricked then fixed, i think some people realy dont understand the definition of a brick

brick: rendering a device COMPLETELY USELESS (like a brick)
  8. maraca2020

maraca2020 New Member

I agree, If somethings bricked it's beyond repair, no hope. So, based on this, it technically can never be bricked, so there should be a different word.
  9. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well no if you are stuck between firmwares I assume that your iPod would turn on and show a folder with a question mark-- the mac way of telling you that you have no os.
  10. thespaz

thespaz New Member

I was only using the word "brick" because that's what these people who messed up their iPods with Pwnage Tool are calling it. They are claiming that there is no way to restore their iPod touch and I really don't believe them. I don't think they are doing DFU correctly. Anyone have the guts to try and brick their iPod so that they can prove to everyone that you still can't brick an iPod touch... even with Pwnage Tool?