I have a Zune 30gb, thinking about converting over to Ipod touch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BigRed829, Feb 4, 2009.

1. BigRed829

BigRed829 New Member

I just heard about the sales from this last christmas sales for MS was down 54% and they are laying off thousands of people very soon. They are considering not selling Zunes anymore, and that's why I think I should convert over to Ipod?? What about converting my catalog over to Ipod? I have a subscription with Zune for music (monthly fee) Download all you want from Microsoft market place for zune music?? Is there going to be a Ipod touch 64 GB anytime soon??? Thanks for any help you can give me??

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Zune is an mp3 player. iPod touch is a personal entertainment and information center. Convert, you will not be disappointed.

iTunes will import your library, as long as you own the music.

Expect the 64GB sometime soon, if Apple follows suit. The 32GB came out this time last year.
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Generally, Apple will release a larger size iPod when memory prices drop down enough. Maybe this year, prices will drop enough to allow them to create a 64 GB version. The only thing that's really stopping them is that it would be expensive.
  4. Imitation

Imitation New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As if $500 last year wasn't expensive for an iPod D:
  5. Drewacell

Drewacell New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was in the same spot as you back in October. my Zune 80 hard drive started to crap out. the zune would skip songs and randomly reset, and calling zune support wasn't helpful at all. that's when I decided to just breakdown and buy an ipod touch (32 gig). I had a monthly subscription to zune...so I needed to find a way to get rid of the DRM from my 4,000+ songs so that they could be imported into itunes. I came across a cool little program called Soundtaxi. it takes your whole zune library (the songs with the DRM) and converts it to whichever format you want...getting rid of the DRM tag in the process. AND you don't have to worry about horrible quality output from the program!

so, I highly recommend you make the switch over to ipod. you will be very satisfied and won't have to deal with zune stuff anymore.

send me a message if you want to know where I got soundtaxi...since I shouldn't really talk about "where" and "how" on the forums...

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't remember where I read it, but I know that I read that Apple is already sourcing Intel's 32GB flash chips for this upgrade.
  7. ninetoes

ninetoes New Member

hi I had a zune 30 sold it and got the 32 itouch .I like it alot more than the zune .
    the size is nicer and also are the programs and you can play games.
  8. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Do it. Period.
  9. SpasticPat

SpasticPat Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I just sold my Zune 30gb on eBay. I liked it at first but it started to suck later. The software on my computer froze like crazy and used up all my RAM. Music skipped, and when I would attach it to my computer it would take like 10 mins for the thing to decide to pick up my mp3 player. So i got the touch 2g 32gb and i LOVE IT well words can't describe obviously.
  10. Austin123

Austin123 New Member

ahh i had a zune 80 loved it way more then the ipod classic i had, i hated it and returned it. Recently I bought a 16gig ipod touch refurb of apple for 220 which is a very good price. I love it it came looking brand new and works perfectly, I recommend the ipod touch its a great device