I have a very weird problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by K_R_A_V_E_N, Nov 20, 2008.

1. K_R_A_V_E_N

K_R_A_V_E_N Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok i have searched, read, tried, retried, experimented, researched, and NOTHING WORKS!!

I have a 8gb 1g ipod touch 2.0.2 jailbroken
    For the past week i have not installed anything new just used mail to text my gf. i woke up a couple days ago and went to check my msgs. i got to the slide to unlock screen, slid the slider and my ipod cut off so quick my unlock screen was still visible and slowly fading.

Please Register or Log in to view images

the ONLY way i can even get it to turn on is to hold the sleep/wake button and the home button until it turns on. and when it does, i have no backlight at all.

then after a few seconds it cuts back off again. ive tried to restore to pwned fw, official fw, upgraded itunes, downgraded itunes, AND NOTHING WORKS!! ive tried manual dfu and also using programs such as ziphone to put in dfu, to no avail. and i cant go to an apple store cuz 1 i live in the effin boondocks and there isnt one for about 50 miles 2 because my custom bootlogos still show up and 3 because im out of warranty.

If anyone can help i would be very very very grateful, thanks ahead of time

EDIT: Ok i fixed it and heres how for anyone with this problem....

1. Keep turning on the ipod until the battery dies COMPLETELY
    2. Plug into iTunes and as soon as it is recognized use ziphone to force into dfu mode.
    3. Restore.
  2. jd155

jd155 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Umm well when u restore click make new ipod not restore from old one first of all. and if not i dont know.

What was the last thing u installed?
    and wherever u bought the ipod from might be a licensed apple retailer and u could take it there i think.
  3. K_R_A_V_E_N

K_R_A_V_E_N Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i bought it last year at walmart and my warranty is out for there 2. and i cant even make it to that far, the furthest ive made it is preparing ipod for restore, at which point 2 out of 20 times an apple logo (still no backlight

) will appear breifly before shutting off again.
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    weird.... are you sure you're trying DFU mode correctly? watch a video on you-tube a bout it.... DFU and restore fixes everything.
  5. K_R_A_V_E_N

K_R_A_V_E_N Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea thats what i thought to. Ive been jailbreaking for a while now and while im not extremely good im not a noob and ive never seen or heard of this happening. its really effin frustrating