I have a theory..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by markdamore, Mar 14, 2008.

1. markdamore

markdamore New Member

If i ssh into my ipod and copy ALL OF THE FILES ON IT to my computer.... can i just paste the folders back in if i wanna restore to regular 1.1.4?

Its a stupid question.. i know haha
  2. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Um.... I would have to dismiss your theory. I'm not sure that that would work. I'm not sure why though. Anybody know?
  3. donkeychill

donkeychill Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Maybe....DONT WORRY ABOUT IT! nah I'm playing ummm I'm not sure I think that's possible...just saying I'm not exactly sure
  4. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Someone should confirm this. I just had a 'OMG, I could have just backed up my entire iPod instead of restoring and starting from scratch' moment.
  5. markdamore

markdamore New Member

It seems like it should, but its just that little doubt ahhaha
  6. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ahhh.... *longer sigh than that first one*

you do know that you cant access the files on the ipod if it isnt jailbroken right? you need to install ssh. and how do you do that? through installer. and how do you get that? jailbreaking.
  7. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    But... I think he meant when he was jailbroken...

Like... ok quick story...

Your on 1.5.0 (Jailbroken) and you think its crappy, and you remember you copied your whole iPod files you your Desktop, and you want to go back to 1.1.4. You Delete everything in your iPod, and paste everything you have in it.

I dont think it will work... I think if you delete the right files, the iPod automatically turns off and wont do anything... ending up in a Brick (Yes... brick).
  8. kegansjack

kegansjack New Member

i had this wonderfull idea about a week ago. So i ssh'd into my touch set it to copy everything and went to bed. I wake up at 4 o clock and the ipod is frozen so i just hold power and home till it turns off then i went back to bed. Then the next morning i try to sink it and it goes into a reset loop. I was 5 minutes away from going to the apple store before i got it to boot into recovery. Long story short i lost all of my data and had to redo the lengthy jailbreaking process. So my advice is DO NOT ATTEMPT. Also i dont think this would work anyways because i believe there are diffrent partitions and such and if you tried to delete everything on the ipod when restoring, the ssh would not work and thus you could not copy the new files back.