I have a stong feeling this thing will have a Tegra.

Discussion in 'iPad Rumors and Pre-release Hype' started by sprint_user, Nov 27, 2009.

1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Most of us have seen the power of the Tegra. I have a Zune HD and I am amazed, also, some companies are adopting it for their netbooks. We know this thing is powerful, but some people do not know that it is also very efficient. It uses low power, so battery life would naturally be better. I have a feeling this tablet will have a Tegra, running a beefed up iPhone OS, and possibly and OLED screen. Thoughts?
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It's as likely as the next idea. Maybe even more, the Tegra is a good idea.

Honestly, I'm not even sure that it exists. This rumor is old. Years old.
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I am almost sure it exists in prototype stages, I think they are contemplating whether to release it or not.
  4. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^ That is pretty much just your opinion. There is very little fact behind it.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well yeah, of you count Steve Jobs' personal tablet as 'prototype'

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. macdude2

macdude2 Member

I think it is very likely, have you seen how many tablets have come out recently? I think apple would like to compete in the contest for the best tablet.
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Oh course there is. Did you see the leaked meeting where a member of Apple referred to an upcoming device called the Apple Slate? Also, why would they not have a prototype? I can almost guarantee they have been working on this.
  8. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Personally, I feel that Tegra is just a bit overhyped.
    i mean, its like back in the day when Pentium 4 first came out, people thought any computer with Pentium 4 were faster when in comparison really, Willamette, the first revision of Pentium 4, was in some cases worse than Pentium 3.
    It's nice that it's an all in one chip with GPU and CPU with quite high computing power and low power consumption but apparently it's going to be in every single new protable devices, the mysterious next version of DS, the Zune HD, now the tablet?

Seriously, it isn't really a magic formula for a success, Apple is outperforming other smartphone not for its KickA$$ hardware, there are countless phones with better chips inside. it's the usability. unless Apple makes another ingenious UI WITH the support of OSX programs, I beleive this thing will take off no matter what hardware it has, unless it runs off a crappy Intel Atom. (I don't mean Atoms are bad, I mean the BAD ones from the Atom chips)
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Apple will never, ever use Tegra. They are using their own chips in their devices.
  10. Germany

Germany Banned

Apple owns Intel?