I have a question....

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by larry123, Mar 29, 2008.

1. larry123

larry123 New Member

If i were to have Firmware 1.1.4 and with software upgrade on my 8 GB ipod touch, will I be getting back those software upgrades if i try to jailbreak it? and if i want to restore my ipod touch to its factory settings after jailbreak, will i be able to still obtain the software upgrade? If yes, is there any processes to do any sort of thing to save the software upgrade in computer as a backup or some sort?
  2. axelis6

axelis6 New Member

itunes does all do work...
  3. TuxRug

TuxRug New Member

Jailbreaking doesn't touch the ability to use the Software Upgrade.
  4. Louis6321

Louis6321 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Heya

I bought the Jan Software upgrade a while ago b4 i got jailbreak.

The upgrade is a bit like a song in your music library, just hidden.

If you restore your ipod then jailbreak it, when you sync it again the update will load onto the iPod.

(I can confirm this as I am currently staring right at the upgrade with jailbroken 1.1.4)

Hope this helped.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. larry123

larry123 New Member

yes this helped. Thank you very much. So the procedure is to have a 1.1.4 with software upgrade and sync it to itunes first before jailbreaking right? And if there is a new firmware upgrade which jailbreak has to be done again, (i hope not) I can restore ipod touch with software upgrade back to normal state without problems right?
  6. larry123

larry123 New Member

according the the FAQs section it says:

"9. Can I unjailbreak?

Yes, by restoring your iPod in iTunes. This means all applications you installed, all changes made to the underlying operating systems: everything will be gone. Neither man, nor software, nor god can then tell it apart from a just-out-of-the-box iPod. (Well, maybe they can, but with a lot of work nobody is going to do)"

The bolded part got me worried for a bit if i were to jailbreak my ipod touch or not. If i were to jailbreak my ipod touch and do a hard system restore on it and send it to apple store to repair something (don't ask me why I should repair it. I said "if"), would they know if i had jailbroken the ipod touch?

another concern is how do you get a blank screen on an ipod that is not workable? can that happen randomly, or does it have to be something that you do in order for it to happen that way?
  7. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    anyone know how to restore 1.1.4 ? sorry but im getting this error . and i tried DFU mode can someone PM me ?
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Oh, Skippy what have you done now? I'm online so you can jusy IM me
  9. larry123

larry123 New Member

I have no clue how this subject has just changed that quick. I just asked a question and yet, another asks a different question......
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You Jan apps are stored in iTunes and will come back whenever you do a sync. Yes, you can unjailbreak and restore back to an OTB Ipod with no problem.