i have a light leak :/

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lolmao, Sep 23, 2010.

?

Should i take it back?

1. Yes, you deserve what you pay for!

26 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No, keep it

27 vote(s)
    50.9%
  1. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok so i have a light leak, only when on more than 90 percent brightness.

2 leaks, each one on the bottom of the volume buttons (for some reason i can move the volume buttons?

they are both pinhole sized, but they annoy me so much

Should i try and return and run the risk of getting more problems (camera ticking etc.) or a bigger light leak on the next ipod?

Or should i just play it safe, and be annoyed for 3 years, until i get a new ipod...

i am in an undecided state
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    If you use your iPod at 90% brightness or high a lot, I would replace it. If you don't use too much brightness, it shouldn't bother you. If it really ends up on your nerves, then go get a refurb.
  3. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i use on about 60 - 75 percent...
  4. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Of course you deserve what you pay for. Return it and get a new one. You shouldn't have to settle, you're the buyer here.
  5. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't get the big deal (especially when the "problem" is only visible if you're looking at the volume buttons in the dark. I'm pretty sure there's a minor light leak on everyone's volume buttons. They can move because they're just glued in. You can read more about that on iFixit's teardown.
  6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Actually, they can also be seen through the sides of the iPod (between glass and plastic siding. Mine are less than hairline, but visible at full brightness in the dark. But no leak in the volume buttons.

Either way, if it doesn't bother you (or you can't see in when using it normally) it's not worth the trouble to replace it.
  7. xisintheend

xisintheend New Member

I haven't heard anybody say that they absolutely have no light leak so far, so what makes anybody think they will get a ipod without a leak? Of course if its huge I would get it exchanged, but when I receive mine tommorow and if its minor I won't care at all.
  8. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If i were you i would be pretty annoyed after spending top dollars on my very much wanted gadget, any imperfection just bug the hell out of me. I say, make an appointment at the apple store, take it back an d demand a replacement.
    My iPod Touch 2G has not light leakage whatsoever whether it be a 1% or 100% brightness
  9. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hes talkingg about 4g owners lol
  10. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

That's because those people wouldn't take the time to find this forum, join it, and then tell the world they don't have a light leak. I'd have thought that to be obvious.