I have a jailbroken 1.1.1, and itunes 7.5. When I plug in the iPod, iTunes does nothi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thenewkasanova, Feb 5, 2008.

1. thenewkasanova

thenewkasanova New Member

ng. What to do, what to do?
  2. link_08

link_08 New Member

LOOK THIS IS A SOLUTION I POST LIKE A MONTH AGO IN THE APPLE DISCCUSION BOARD I SONT KNOW U CASE SO JUST LEST SAY YOUR IPOD IS IN THIS DILEMA

link_08

Re: HELP!! itunes doesn't recognize my ipod touch and i've tried everything
    Posted: Jan 5, 2008 1:52 PM in response to: Jackie Steele
    Click to reply to this topic Reply email Email

Ok people after messing up three days with my jailbroken ipod touch cauze my itunes didn't recognize it i figured out that the problem is first windows recognized it as a imaging device o as a camera, i found in the device manager was listed mi apple ipod under portable devices and there was the problem it has to be listed under universal serial bus controllers named as a apple ipod so this is what i did but first make sure u have correctly installed itunes and the apple mobile device support:

1 open the device manager or windows button + r is run and then type devmgmt.msc

2 look for the portable devices and find the apple ipod or wherever that is listed on your pc.

3 once u find the apple ipod do a right click on it and click on uptade driver software

4 take the manualy opcion or browse on my computer and then look for this folder on your computer C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

there should be the driver that itunes recognize and your windows wont recognize your ipod as a camera again but i repeat u have to make sure u have installed the apple mobile device support u can get it by extracting the itunes+quicktime package using winrar. so click on update or next what ever on the update process and next time itunes will open your ipod for sincying
  3. thenewkasanova

thenewkasanova New Member

I'm on a mac.
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I responded to the other post you had with an answer to your problem if you start it from the top and keep in mind what i said in the recent post then you should have no problems.

Feel free to PM or IM me.