i have a huge problem!!! plz help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rafaps, May 4, 2008.

1. rafaps

rafaps New Member

hi guys

well the thing is that yesterday i installed caterpilar and then a uninstall it beacuse i didnt like it so i ssh into my ipod and starting to erase some folders and files that have ripdevs name to fully get out that f***ing program out of my ipod. i erase all that i could find, but the program still giving me a message like "caterpillar could not install "x"(i dont remember the name of the font) font". so i ssh and i found a folder that called "mobile enhancer" and inside of it was full of ripdevs stuff so i erase it. i reboot it and it get stuck in there so i make a force recovery mode and connect it to itunes i restore it but when the restoring is finishing it says me like "the ipod cant restore. unknown error(6)" and the ipod get into recovery mode again. i try like 4 times and it was always the same.
    Now when i press the power button it puts in recovery mode.

help me plz

pd: i have a 8gb ipod touch jailbreaked with iliberty+ 1.3
  2. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry, but u have to uninstall, the folder u started deleting in is necessary and u probably deleted the wrong stuff. What u shud have done was just SSH into /Applications and delete Catepillar.app
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try booting it in normal mode with ziPhone, or if that won't work put it in DFU mode with ziPhone and then try a restore
  4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    He said he did that. I imagine completely uninstalling the app would be more complicated than that, considering what it does and stuff.

Anyways, you need to put your iPod into DFU mode, then restore. Search on how to manually do this.
  5. rafaps

rafaps New Member

but why now i cant restore???
    sorry i was replaying the fist post

Mortel: i try putting in DFU mode with iliberty and restore but this didnt work
  6. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, plug it into the computer, hold the lock and home button until the screen goes all the way black, then let go of the lock button. itll put it in restore mode

Mortel- He deleted the folders in other spots attempting to completely delete everything. If he deleted just the Application folder or even just the .plist file he wouldnt have had this problem
  7. rafaps

rafaps New Member

BigDaveyJ: i did what you are saying me. but when the restoring is finishing comes out an error message and the ipod turn into recovery mode again. thats why i cant restore
  8. rafaps

rafaps New Member

finally i could restore my ipod
    thanks for the ones who help me