I have a few questions about touch, jailbreak, safari, itunes and iphones adds

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by computer_geek_19, Oct 12, 2007.

1. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

Hello, first of all I would like to say that this is the best forum I found related to the touch. I currently thinking of getting either a 16gb ipod touch or the Archos 605 wifi, I like some things from both of these players, what I like about the touch is the look, size and web browser (too bad it doesn't have flash). what I don't like is the few codecs it offers and that I have to use itunes and here is my first question. Is there an alternative to Itunes? Reason I asking is because I while back I gave my sister my ipod nano and now my playlists are all messed up, lots of songs I don't like that she likes and some I like but are uncheked and everything is one big mess and my computer is her primaly place to sync her ipod nano.

Also I am a big anime fan who downloads anime from bit******* and would like to know how can I convert .AVI files and a few .MKV files to ipod touch format? is there a free software to help me do this? I know there are some for sale on Ebay but which one would you recommend?

I like the safari browser but the thing of it is that it doesn't have flash and I was wondering if I could access this web site www(dot)addictinggames(dot)com since there are some fun games in there which I go from time to time? I was wondering if you think that is possible to add flash later on to the touch. with a hack. Lastly how does the wifi signal works does it connect immediately after it detects signal as long as is free wifi??

EDIT: I would also like to know if you guys can access Veoh(dot)com since I go there sometimes instead of youtube. Thank you

I know recently the touch has been Jailbroke and I was wondering what do you think some of the best apps are right now? has someone's ipod been corrupt because of the jailbreak? what are your oppinions and how much space does the installer takes on the touch?

I have a hotmail account and I was wondering if I can sync it with the mail app (same goes for the weather) and I was wondering what are your thoughts an the apps do they work the same like in the iphone.

Sorry for all this questions, I am just anxious to see which player suits my needs.
  2. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There are alternatives to iTunes, but none as good as it. (Cannot think of any off the top of my head right now)

You can convert video files for free using Videora iPod Converter.

Yes Wifi connects as soon as it detects one, and as for safari and flash. No it doesn't play flash at the moment, but with future firmware upgrades I suspect it will. As for a hack, that may well be possible too.

The best app i find is nes.app a Nintendo Entertainment System emulator.

As for mail, you can't use hotmail, but the apps do work the same as on the iphone.
  3. computer_geek_19

Thanks for your response, is there a guide that tells me how to get the best out of itunes? like for example moving songs from one computer to another or converting .wav into mp3? (is it possible to just use a usb flash and move the songs from one computer)

Also what types of email account can I use and can I do MSN messaging on the touch?

sorry for all the questions
  4. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

to msn im download appollo via installer.app or simply direct safari to www.ebuddy.com
  5. computer_geek_19

thanks , at least I know I can msn my buddies

Please Register or Log in to view images