I have a chance to buy an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loaf-, Nov 8, 2008.

1. loaf-

loaf- New Member

It's an 8 gig 3g for 400 bucks. Should I go for it? I live in Montana and it would pretty much just be a fancy iPod since we're still waiting for technology to come around, but I want one anyway.
  2. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ummm thats a little too expensive for an 8 gig. I would wait and get the 8 gig for $199
  3. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

true, unless you REALLLLY want it.
  4. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Thats what I was thinking too, but AT&T isnt in Montana and it doesnt look like it will be anytime soon. The 8gigs go for about 650 on eBay too. Where does everyone that's not on AT&T get their phones from?
  5. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
  6. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Will I still be able to get wi-fi if it's not activated? I plan on just using it as an iPod for a few weeks.
  7. dukemanchris

dukemanchris New Member

you will still be able to get wifi but i think you need it activated or i think there's some type of code thing you can use on the lock screen to get onto the home screen. also i think you can get like special sim cards to be able to use it in your area. that is kind of weird that you dont have at&t in montana, you should be able to at least get service in montana i think its local and in state long distance though (http://www.serviceguide.att.com/ACS/ext/index.cfm), so you should be able to buy the phone and service on the website i think.
  8. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

I personally would be very hesitant in buying second hand.

People come up with extremely plausible reasons for selling things......but often the truth is that there trying to ofload a problem. Even family and close friends can be guilty of doing this.
  9. Blackness

Blackness New Member

I actually logged in just to answer this which does not happen much times.

Let me give you the run down on this.

I bought a 3g 8gb for $300 off some guy off ebay that lived in my area so i just picked it up i hustled him down so i dont know how much you think you should pay for it. The contract was canceled so i didn't have to even jailbreak it.

I thought about it and was "WTF!" i just paid $300 for an iphone that cost $200. Then i thought about it and i figured out i was going to buy a new ipod touch anyways. So to buy the new ipod touch it was going to cost $229 plus tax which is only $50 bucks less than the iphone.

Well i jailbroked it and it worked again without the sim card. Now the value runs in using it as a camera and being able trough to call using voip without the mic that you have to buy also the internal speaker which the ipods have now but iphone one is betta.

So this post don't mean sh*t. So its just the value that you put on it and being able to say you own an iphone lol.

After using it for a while i ended up paying the $300 for the white 16gb iphone at att&t and activating it. If i want to cancel it its going to cost me $175 plus taxes, the activation fees and the months bill which will end up runnig me at what they are going for on ebay.