I have 3 computers. How will this work with my iPod Touch 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BuyorNo, Nov 8, 2008.

1. BuyorNo

BuyorNo New Member

im about to go buy a 16gb 2g Ipod Touch. But I have 3 different computers that I regularly use. Will I be able to use iTunes on all 3 and add music to my iPod Touch from all 3 computerS?
  2. fortun4te

fortun4te New Member

i dont know if this is the standard, but with my 1st gen 8gb touch i can put music onto my ipod from at least two different pcs. both itunes recognize it normally.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In the past, it seemed as though only one computer's library could be synced to the iPod at once, but I'm starting to think that if you have your iPod in manual mode it can work with more than one.

Honestly though, I'd just consolidate all of my music to one computer, I've tried doing it with the music spread across multiple computers but it was just a pain in the ass.
  4. fortun4te

fortun4te New Member

ahh i forgot that, i do only transfer music manually, so i dont know if sync works properly...
  5. Matt27272

Matt27272 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Automatically syncing it won't work between computers. You'll have to manually drag the music from your library to the ipod in iTunes.
  6. mariape

mariape New Member

As you know you can't just connect an iPod to an empty itunes library because it'll get wiped out. so, you'd better use this app to transfer all your ipod music to itunes each one of your computers. It's pretty cool. you'll see. It copies all your songs, videos, podcasts, etc, without erasing what you already have both on itunes and your ipod. I've used for a year already and I really like it. Give it a try.
  7. mariape

mariape New Member

yes you will be able, but you need to be sure that you have the same music on all three, otherwise, your ipod will continiously sync differently. to be sure that you have the same music, copy all your ipod songs, playlists, etc onto each pc with this program. it'll will make a backup of your ipod to itunes. You will be then able to use one ipod on three pcs.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    aye, i manually copy music from numerous computers (via itunes) to my ipod. i personally never auto sync.
  9. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Auto Sync sucks. Why anyone would use it is beyond me. Click and drag ftw.

I'll check on another computer in a bit and post the results. I'm pretty sure that with manual syncing that it lets you use multiple libraries. I'm not 100% though. I'll know in a bit when I can get on a different computer.