i have 1.1.1.. should I upgrade ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ramystyle, Nov 26, 2007.

1. ramystyle

ramystyle New Member

I have 1.1.1, and I had installer installed and the iphone applications installed on my touch !
    Everything works great except that it sometimes crashes randomly.. Don't know why..

My question is.. Is it worth it to upgrade to 1.1.2 ? And if it is, is there a complete EASY guide to do so? (I don't want to lose my calendar events and my TODO lists etc etc..)

Thanks
  2. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

The major difference with 1.1.2 is that you can add events in the calendar and they fixed the tiff exploit.
    Other than that, others have speculated that the ipod touch is less buggy and is faster than before, oh and you get a little battery icon thing besdies your ipod touch when you connect it to itunes.

I believe a 1.1.2 jailbreak guide is stickied in this forum..
  3. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

i probably might not, jailbreak it yet. wait for more applications to be compatible. but jailbreaking soon would be a good idea.

i plan to jailbreak it in a week or so as well
  4. hemsedal

hemsedal New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've done the 1.1.2 and I would say no. 1.1.2 is not a content package but mainly a security package. The stability issues and speed are not noticable. If you dont feel content with hacking you itouch let it be. If you allready have installer and can install other applications you have all you need for now.
  5. jalalo

jalalo New Member

You can install the Calendar fix and patch up the TIFF exploit on installer without updating, so it's probably not worth it.
  6. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I wouldnt upgrade.
    I see no point in it except saying that you have 1.1.2...
    I like 1.1.1 just fine

Please Register or Log in to view images