I HATE what has become of the forums and members

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by gojohnnyboi, Jul 7, 2008.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

It would seem that as the time passes here on iptf, the members are becoming much less helpful, and actually starting to encourage the illegal behavior and are becoming theifs.

For example, the people selling "pwnagetool", and my friend jake(jakecigar) getting his app stolen and re-released again by a member here on ipodtouchfans. All members are obsessed with 2.0 at this point in time, and let me say i have gotten over 50 IM's/PM's of people asking for the link. THAT IS ILLEGAL, and i refused giving it to all of them.

I was set over the edge today when i saw in installer today, an application called "Switch-It", which was in the description posted that it was ported to objective-c by nickl9009or something, i dont know the correct spelling of his name.
    NOW, it was made in jiggy by onefan, a member of the old development team, "Dav team", which i was a member of a for a small amount of time. I ported that switch-it app 2 times, for 2 different teams, of which both had onefan as a member. The team's refused to release my application, and now nick releases it with less quality than i did.

That wouldn't even bug me so much if i didn't know that nick's coding is not up to stuff. I helped him for HOURS each day on his Utilities application, and even after coding for almost a month i think, he doesn't understand the application is he making. His apps all have memory leaks, and i just really don't think he should be releasing these potentially harmful applications to the public.

Jailbreaking and hacking my ipod was just a fun thing to do 2 months ago, or whenever i first joined. Now it has become and envirement that i'm not sure i want to be part of anymore. And now, with releases being very seldom, and 2.0 coming and putting me "out of business for developing", in a sense; i'm really thinking of selling my ipod, and moving on to other things. I have my girlfriend, my guitar, and basketball here in the freshman year.

This is just a notice to all to beware of these things. 2.0 beggars, app stealers, unstable app makers, and a just all around nasty envirement. This is not referring to all members. I can think of quite a few(chucky, tes, spoony, skylar, optimo, etc..) that are GREAT for iptf.

Vent as you wish

-John
  2. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I agree with u 100%

iptf forums are ridiculous, filled with insults and just plain mean ppl. And to add to that, the rules set by the admin should be tweaked a bit... cause I'm not going to wait for a mod to "approve" a link I might post or else I get an "infraction". seriously Im not sure if the ppl that run this forum want us to post anymore. And most ppl on this forum nag and ask for this or why can't we have that... Its ridiculous! what happened to the time when ppl actually would help someone if they couldn't do something or if they needed help... cause all I see is replys like "SEARCH U FOOL" or just little things like that. Yes newcomers are annoying, but we have to help them and teach them the right ways to use the forum in a mature way.
  3. angrysheepdog

angrysheepdog New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree. That's mainly why I haven't been posting much anymore. I only use apps from certain sources, I have deleted all I was not sure about, as I kept getting duplicate apps with different authors.

But you can always just ignore people who are being bothersome.

EDIT: I think they should impose some sort of age thing, because I'm sure most of the arrogant/ignorant people on here are under 13. At least they act like it. I think the reason they are joining is because the forum requires you to be a member in order to view any replies in topics, and they just want to jailbreak. They should allow anyone to view anything on the forums.

Or just have the mods ban for one month anyone who is asking for something that they could easily find from searching, eg "how do i use ssh" or "is jailbreaking illegal?"
  4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Yup, i have decided, seeing that i will probably make a couple more apps for 1.1.4, to NOT post the source code for that reason. People will take out the "made my gojohnnyboi" and replace it with their name, and release it on a community source. Bigboss and ispazio and such are not the victims, its us
  5. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have to agree with you here. Jailbreaking my ipod just isnt fun anymore. I used to not mind restoring because I could have the fun of re-jailbreaking. Now this whole site seems to have nothing to do with jailbreak help and stuff. I wish it was still December. Thats when I got my ipod and wass happy as hell. I jailbroke 1.1.1 at night and could barely sleep because I was so ecxited. Now I could care less about jailbreaking. It seems to be becoming a waste of time. Well that all I have to say. I hope you stay on the site though, you were always very helpful.
  6. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i really dont like to post much anymore

but there is a couple people on this forum i really cant stand

my post per day average was at 15 not too long ago
    now it is a 10
  7. wibble

wibble New Member

Another reason why Obj-C poisons the human mind! I suppose I made the right choice about refraining from getting involved
    </joke>

Nothing else much to say, except if you really want to get rid of "pesky new members". The only way to do this is to enforce harsher punishments upon those who do not follow rules and regulations.

Such a shame to see the development scene fall like this. I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for faulty applications.

Just my two cents.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just hate how the Jailbreak community has become So... Cheap. All they want are WAREZ. The want the nearest way to crack 2.0 Apps and to crack 2.0.

Can't even fork over 10 bucks. It's depressing.
  9. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I agree with you 100%
  10. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Agreed 100%. I cant stand the people that are begging for free 2.0 or wanting people to crack SDK apps. Now I dont mind if people say the prices are a little high but dont beg for it free.