I hate itunes......

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by vgamedude, May 30, 2008.

1. vgamedude

vgamedude New Member

my itunes wont open and ive tried absolutely everything i can think of!!!! disabling norton 360, uninstalling reinstalling, installing quicktime and itunes seperatly!!!!! no GO it just sits there acting like its going to come up but doesnt open that timer comes up for 7 seconds then shuts off!!!!

HERES THE CATCH!!!! IF I LOOK IN PROCESSES ITUNES.EXE IS IN THERE BUT IT REFUSES TO OPEN THE f*** UP!!!!!!!

im on version 7.6.2.9
  2. IlluminatedTouch

IlluminatedTouch New Member

Try restarting your computer...or end the process of itunes.exe.
  3. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

yeh end the process, its probs in yiur sys tray
  4. vgamedude

vgamedude New Member

i did end the process and restart and also i tried previous version of itunes ( 7.6.1.9) i think and it doesnt work either!!!!!!
    WTF !!!!!!!!

I NEED TO f***ING RESTORE MY IPOD TOUCH!
  5. drakie

drakie New Member

Maybe you could try calming down and thinking about it a little more clearly

Please Register or Log in to view images

I might be able to help if you give me a bit more info, first of all which operating system? Vista users do get a lot of issues, one thing you can do is ensure iTuneshelper.exe is running in the background as iTunes is known to sit and paddy if it cannot locate that process. If it isn't, then run it; default directory is C:\Program Files\iTunes. If that doesn't work you can try installing it to a different directory, and external hard drive for example, and on other thing you could try, is instead of clicking 'end process' click 'end process tree'. Then go ahead and restart. Let me know if none of this works.

Please Register or Log in to view images

**update** no need for two threads, but ok this happened when you removed a Trojan, well the Trojan could have spread to the iTunes folder, you virus protector will know this and has probably removed the relevant file from iTunes, however it isn't going to that file come back, therefor whenever you install iTunes again, virus protection jumps in and kicks the file back out. Find a way to remove the iTunes directory from the security centers watch list. That might help.
  6. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

Only problem with iTunes is that it consumes ram and tends to be laggy on slower pcs like mine

normally though, any problems with iTunes are normally fixed with a reinstall of the program and a nice reboot of your pc. Very rarely is there conflict between your ipod touch and itunes it seems.
  7. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    4th time i reported you
  8. King-Stefan

King-Stefan New Member

I have the same problem! Please help me!
  9. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Lol i sh*t myself with laughter xD HAHA