I hate GeoHot's face

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SmurfTron2000, Jan 18, 2010.

1. SmurfTron2000

SmurfTron2000 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But only because my 64gb 3G got stuck on it. Partially my fault. The jailbreak worked just fine and I downloaded Cydia. When I went to install Winterboard it froze and I got stuck in a recovery loop. I searched around on here but I couldn't find any solutions for the 3G so I figured I'd try to "make it ra1n" to see if that would get it unstuck. No dice, and I got stuck on GeoHot's face. So now I'm running a DFU restore. :/

Any solutions/tips for further roadblocks would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Vista with no compatibility options if that matters.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well sonofab*tch. My iPod is waiting for iTunes to send it some info, and iTunes is waiting on my iPod for some reason and neither one is doing anything. What the hell?

Nevermind, it's going now. *sigh* It's gonna be a long night.
    It happened again. I install Cydia, run the updates that it tells me I need, then I install Winterboard and when it tells me to reboot I get stuck in a recovery loop. Any idea on what's going on?
    Winterboard reboot keeps freezing my iPod. Solutions, anyone? Making it "ra1n" doesn't work, either.
    Alriiiiight, and after having done all my research and being stuck on geohot's face forever I found out that I was just being an impatient asshole and I had to wait for it to finish loading. Thanks to everyone for their support, I'll commence headbutting myself in the face for the next five minutes.
  2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Yeah, you need to wait, and be patient when jailbreaking.
    You know you could have just edited your post too, right?
  3. SmurfTron2000

SmurfTron2000 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, was quicker just to quick reply though. Plus you can see the progression to my *facepalm*.