I had an iPod hiatus . . . now where are my old apps?!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Tsunio, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Tsunio

Tsunio New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    YO!

I have been off the iPod touch scene for quite a while now, somewhere around the summer release of firmware 2.0. I figured I'd give it a bit of time for everything to be ported so I could have my fully customized, operational 2.X.X iPod touch.

But now, I'm back; I've upgraded to 2.1 (no 2.2 for me, yet, thanks), and I have to ask: Where the cr*p did my fave apps go?!

Here's a list of everything I had, now gone. If you know where I can get my hands on them, please post your heart out. And if they're no longer obtainable, lemme know.

-- Customize: I loved this app! Now, it has vanished! I tried a version only to have it crash on me. I heard the customize database may be totally and forever down?

-- Summerboard: Well, if I can't have customize, might as well have the next best thing, right? WRONG! I can't find it! And what's with this new "Winterboard" thing I was forced to install?

-- ApolloIM/AgileMoble/MobileChat: WHY?! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GO?! WHY?!

-- The iPodTouchFans Repo: Does it even exist anymore??

-- AVPlayer: Where did this app go? I want to listen to my downloaded mp3s without having to move them to their own folder! I liked just clicking them in my file browser. Is there another app that I can associate my mp3s with in filebrowser, or am I stuck using PwnPlayer or some other app that forces me to actually move the dozens of files I have on here?​

I'm sure there are more, and I'll update this list as I go along stressing . . . . Any help is appreciated.
  2. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    winterboard replaced summerboard and customize (winterboard is much much more powerfull than the two combined)

and there are several free I.M clients on app store
  3. thejosh88

thejosh88 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    first update as far as you can get!...im running 2.2 and have no issues.

after you jailbreak check cydia and you will find everything your looking for. Install steffwiz's source then there "all sources" source. Summerboard has been replaced with winterboard and as for the mobile chat i have no idea. hope some of that helps.
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Actually i believe winterboard is in big boss repo or the community sources, you DONT need any other source to get winterboard. Its real basic though as there is no gui but it works wonders you can do anything from theme to other artwork all in the theme folder.

The reason why those app aren't there anymore is because they haven't been ported to 2.x yet, if you didnt know 2.x has different frameworks than 1.1.x so no apps work on 2.x until they ported. Oh and on 2.x installer is strait up garbage!! Use cydia

And customize is on there but NO one uses it so...
  5. Tsunio

Tsunio New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well . . . that steffwiz source recommendation certainly held surprises! What a source list! Can't wait to get my browse on!

And I already have Winterboard, so I guess what I'm asking is . . . is there no longer a Customize or Summerboard to worry about? If so, when will Winterboard give me the ability to pick and choose which parts of pre-made themes I want to use? Because some of the themes come in only one listing in Winterboard, yet affect many things like icons, lock screen, HUD, and other things? When will Winterboard have the oh-so revered GUI? And where can I get updates on this latest customization innovation?

And has anyone tackled my iPodTouchFans repo inquiry?
  6. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    for heaven's sake man, u need to calm down..

Winterboard is way more powerful than Summberboard and CUstomize put together, and two cydia has better repos and stuff on it..

and three get fring, which is better than Applo IM/Mobile Chat, and its FREE!

Now calm down..
  7. Tsunio

Tsunio New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am calm, thank you very much. If I sound panicked, it's simply because I am home sick with laryngitis and have nothing else to do than respond, post-haste, to any replies on this thread.

And when did I ever disparage the power of Cydia over Installer or Winterboard over Summerboard/Customize?

I personally enjoy Cydia much more than Installer.

And I was simply wondering about the Customize/Summerboard conundrum. I have winterboard as I would like it, for now. I just miss the ease of customizing with a GUI that the other two provided. That is why I asked for a site with winterboard updates. I have been out of the loop for quite some time now.

And what is Fring, and where do I get it?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I thought of another app I missed.

-- AVPlayer: Where did this app go? I want to listen to my downloaded mp3s without having to move them to their own folder! I liked just clicking them in my file browser. Is there another app that I can associate my mp3s with in filebrowser, or am I stuck using PwnPlayer or some other app that forces me to actually move the dozens of files I have on here?​