I guess I don't understand something with the 1.1.3 jailbreak......

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by badams1, Jan 23, 2008.

1. badams1

badams1 New Member

A jailbreak gets released...and Apple fixes it. This is the way of things and probably always will be until apple stops supporting the device.

So I guess what I don't understand is how waiting to release the 1.1.3 jailbreak is going to actually change anything?

If the jailbreak gets released now...or in one month....its going to take Apple the same amount of time to come up with a fix and then they will most likely release an upgrade that will be required in order to continue using the official applications from itunes.

I guess the only difference would be if they released it now Apple might fix it before the SDK release...and if they wait we could have official and unofficial apps on our devices for about a month or so until they fix it.

Does anyone else not think this is true?
  2. vbelo

vbelo New Member

I think that the goal is more illegal. I thing that if they wait for SDK applications with a jailbroken firmware, it will be possible to save SDK applications and some people will redisdribute them for free.
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I still worry anyway - Apple will be following the forums and DEV blogs anyway. The day they found out 1.1.3 had been jailbroken, you can bet your life they were employing their own hacks to fiond out how it was done - and maybe figure a patch even ready for the SDK launch - thus rendering this 1.1.3 JB worthless
  4. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

I agree and was thinking that the other day...I wouldnt be surprised if after the SDK comes out 1.1.3 jb doesnt work....if it ever did.
  5. Mahmoud

Mahmoud New Member

I think they already have a team of testers that tried to break into 1.1.3 BEFORE they released it. So just knowing that someone did a jailbreak on it after they released it doesn't meen that they will try again...

Until they see what was actually done to break into 1.1.3... they wouldn't know where to looksince they already looked BEFORE release...

They knew 1.1.1 1.1.2 etc were all jailbroken and they therefore built 1.1.3 in a way they thought was un-breakable. They won't spend time and money trying to figure out what the devs did... they'd rather wait and see what was done... and then patch it up in an upcoming update.

So it's smart to actually wait for the SDK instead of showing Apple what to patch in the SDK... AND THEN the JB would have been useless.
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I am fully aware of that - But IMO they should have not even announced it had been broken until the SDK is released.

Its just giving Apple a heads up. Of course Apple try to JB their own firmware - they have to test their own security. The point is - now they KNOW for SURE its been broken, and in very little time after release, they may change the SDK launch plans to include a patch, if discovered.

Security testing is an ongoing project - they dont just stop because 1.1.3 has been released.
  7. ed0h

ed0h New Member

Just to say that if the 1.1.3 firmware has been jailbroken and the team is indeed waiting for Apple to release their SDK then I think it is a very good idea and I entirely support them.
  8. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    This will just turn out like the PSP, Apple will start distributing apps that say, to use this app, you must update to system software X.X.X.
    Oh well, waiting means that we get the features free with our 1.1.3 jailbreak (hopefully)
  9. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i must say that it think the dev team is doing the right thing in order to make sure that when the sdk is released that we will have apps anyways rather than taking the good week to re jailbreak it and it should be even harder.so one, easier for the dev elite team, 2 means that we are sure to have the apps when the sdk and not feel like missing out...another thing is that they cant just release a new update everytime someone jailbreaks it...one, its hard, two they're gonna run out of things to update...i mean hopefully it will force them to pull something like flash out of their ass but they just cant release an update with no reasoning to it..."we are updating nothing, just simply solidifying the touch"...no one will update if there are no benefits.
  10. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i don't think apple update the firmware just because it has been jailbrokren. Usually firmware update brings new functionality to the ipod and with it, patch the exploit that apple is aware of. So I don't think that apple will change their plan for the SDK.
    But I still think it is a good idea to keep the 1.1.3 jailbreak secret until the SDK.