iOS 4.1 I got the apple logo/loading circle of death...on the 4G

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by deleted account, Oct 14, 2010.

1. So I got limera1n recently and I was loving the jailbreak scene. Until I downloaded VUnlock and the SBSettings add-on for clearing all the Background apps with one tap.

I had downloaded the VUnlock and it was working great but then I downloaded the SBSettings add-on and I had to press the Respring button in Cydia and that's when everything happened.

So it starts to respring normally until I end up with the apple logo & loading circle of death........Yeah you've probably heard of it and if you haven't it's where your respring is stuck, forever. So I researched it and ended up having to restore my fancy brick in DFU Mode. The software DL was over 1/2 a gig it sucked..

Now I face the most important question I have ever faced (about jailbreaking again lol). Should I re-jailbreak my iPod, this time I want to do it with greenp0ison, or should I leave it how it is? I am scared I'll get this loading circle of death crap again and I'll have to restore again which is a PAIN.

Here is what scares me though, what if my home button and/or sleep/wake button stops working? How will I go into DFU mode if this happens to me again?
    PLEASE give me your insight and what is the likelihood of this respring error thing happening again?
  2. samethernet

samethernet Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    jailbreak causes 0 issues, its the incompatable apps after the jailbreak which can cause it to brick
  3. But I got this loading circle of death!!! Should I jailbreak again and hopefully I'll have no further issues?
  4. samethernet

samethernet Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    dont use the same apps again, ones which i know are safe due to i use on 4.1 are

sbsettings,
    winterboard,
    ifile

Use Limera1n to jailbreak in my opinion its better
  5. I had those three. Along with others

What I think screwed my ipod over was the clear all background apps add-on for SBSettings.
  6. samethernet

samethernet Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    yeh probley
    could u list all your apps so i can mention what might have an influence of the crash
  7. PwnerJohn

PwnerJohn Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Or it could be that you installed 3 apps at one time, and those apps made it crash.

I would suggest installing them one by one. You could find the broken app that you shouldn't install.

Why is it to hard to restore? Is it that it takes a long time to restore, or the download part?

I believe iTunes keeps the restore file, so you don't need to download it again...
  8. Well Cydia apps lets see...

iFile
    Winterboard
    SBSettings
    VUnlock
    A custom slider "Slide for pie!"
    FontSwap with Defused and Chiller fonts downloaded
    A bunch of sliders that wouldn't work
    Some SBSettings themes
  9. Sorry for DP, but I didn't see this.

I didn't download 3 apps at once. I downloaded VUnlock then an add-on for SBSettings. Then I respringed/restart and that's when it happened.
  10. samethernet

samethernet Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ifile: OK
    Winterboard: OK
    SBSetting: OK
    VUnlock: No status on ios4 compatability
    A custom slider: No status but should be ok
    Fontswap: Ok
    SBSettings themes: ok

please remove the last line from your post (Post with cydia listings)

i predict the addon for sbsettings as some aint compatable