I got my 2G Wet, HELP D:

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vbsoccerdude94, Sep 27, 2008.

1. vbsoccerdude94

vbsoccerdude94 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, last night I was playing Rock Band. I had the iPod on a desk near my window, and my window was open. And just my freaking luck it starts to rain. I swear like, TWO drops got to it, and the thing won't turn on. I know water damage isn't covered by warranty, is there any way I can fix it? I just f***ing bought this thing with my own money, I'm going to slit my wrists if I can't get it fixed for free. I'm broke now.
  2. wasssabi5

wasssabi5 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ouch I did that too,I wouldn't try this but I put it in the fridge and after a couple of hours it worked I'm actually typing on my 2g now
  3. Quasimir

Quasimir New Member

leave it turned off for a day or two in a warm and dry place and if you cannot turn it on afterwards it probably became a fancy looking piece of garbage.

seriously, if it should be a water damage it received most probably more than just two drops of water.
  4. vbsoccerdude94

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I quit playing and grabbed it quick as could be. But I found a video on youtube that mentioned putting it in a bowl of uncooked, dry rice. Good idea?
  5. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

This happens to me with a lot of electronics... leave it in a dry place like Quasimir said and only turn it on in a day or two and it should be fine. I hope water didn't go through the headphone jack though.
  6. vbsoccerdude94

Device:
    iPod touch
    Unfortunately, it did. Should I try a blow dryer on low, a few feet away?
  7. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

8. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    submerging it in a bowl of uncooked rice for a few hours is the best solution... the rice will absorb all the moisture inside your gadget..
  9. vbsoccerdude94

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, I'll definitely try that one. If that fails I'm using the Q-tip and alcohol trick, and I'd prefer to actually send it to apple's warehouse, as I'm 14, and my Dad is really Stingy about taking me all the way out there.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll update you after I try a few things.
  10. Great One

Great One New Member

Remove the battery and place it in a dry place. Wait a few days and try to turn it on.