I got mine yesterday...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amazinggracetx, Oct 4, 2010.

1. amazinggracetx

amazinggracetx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    My windfall came in Saturday, so yesterday, iBenji and I went to Costco. I picked up the touch. With tax, the total came out to $303.02. Not bad. It was like getting it tax free pretty much. I brought it home, and lo and behold there's a tiny bit of light leakage. With a case, you can't see it. I'll be checking on it periodically and will return it if it gets worse.

When I plugged it in to do all thew synching and charging, it got pretty hot initially. I was a little worried, but was willing to give it a chance. Within an hour, the heat backed off considerably and I had all my apps organized the way I want them. No more heating issues.

The I went to Bestbuy and picked up an Grip Graphix case. I'm not overly thrilled with it, but will keep it until iBenji gets his touch and pass it on to him.

I like the homescreen wallpaper and the multitasking quite a bit. The camera is okay, but nothing to write home about. The video camera works well. No clicking while filming. The wifi is always at three bars now, which is good and things run faster than my old 8G. The music sounds about the same, maybe a little crisper than it did on my old one.

Buying at Costco was a great experience and I'd strongly recommend there over anywhere else if you have a memebership. Best Buy sucks. While i was waiting there to see about a case, a guy walked in wanting to buy a 32G and was rudely told it was sold out. I told him he should go to Costco. Screw Best Buy.

Overall, I'm happy about it. LOL @ iBenji. He was more excited than I was. I'm just getting over the crud and just wanted to get the damn thing and come home. He couldn't get why I wasn't more excited. He insisted on opening it and was so cute about holding it and wanting to get it all synched. He's my little iPod buddy!! Everybody needs an iPod buddy!!
    Well, I'm feeling pretty busted, so I'm off for now. Have a great day!
  2. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok nice review!!
  3. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I know what you mean. I went to buy a new iPod for me and brought me friend Harvey. He was a little tipsy because we shared a bottle of wine before and when in the shop he accidentally stumbled into the decor. He can be clumpsy sometimes, but what you expect from a six-foot, three-and-one-half-inch tall pooka.
  4. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Dang, where do you live? Tax here is 10.25%....
  5. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow.. tax rate here is 7.25%.
  6. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Lucky you. I never experienced sales tax that low (Only If I go out of state)
  7. redban

redban New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Drinking and driving.
  8. JSkuf

JSkuf New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    [OFF TOPIC]My local tax is 6%[/OFF TOPIC]

On Topic:
    I'm happy you got yours. I should be getting mine in a few days, but I'm not getting an engraving. Whatever. I'm just too pumped!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. 15avaughn

15avaughn Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    [Off Topic] Apparently my sales tax is 4.75% source:http://www.taxrates.com/sample_ut.htm not sure if that counts for iPods/electronics though.[/Off Topic]
    On Topic:
    Nice... Nice... Kitteh wantz one but I don't really want one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. RubyRa1n

RubyRa1n Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol i live in minnesota and my total was around $325