I got Groupwise working..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rawd, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I was able to get Groupwise (email client for those who don't know) working on my ipod touch after jailbreaking and using the Iphone mail app. If anyone is interested, I could write a quick tutorial. I will see if there is interest first.
  2. dougq

dougq New Member

Do it I use it at work
  3. ggbrown

ggbrown New Member

What version of Groupwise? The latest ones are Java based.

I'd be curious to see how you do it.
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Well, the ipod doesn't actually "run" Groupwise, but I was able to get the Iphone mail app to access our Groupwise server, so that I can send and recieve Groupwise email. First, make sure you set up the email as an IMAP account, and not a POP account. You have to find your IP address for your "Web based" Groupwise server and enter that IP into the Incoming POP server entry. Put your Groupwise login and password in the appropriate field. Then for your SMTP Outgoing entry, you have to enter your "home" Outgoing SMTP mail client. (The one you use at home) Mine is SMTP.telus.net. That's it, fairly simple, but it took me awhile to figure out.
  5. ggbrown

ggbrown New Member

Ahh...gotcha. Silly me thinking Novell would actually put some real effort into developing something usable for the Mac.

Good to know, however. I can see this eventually being a hit with our mobile users.

Grant