I give up....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alexpb, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Was using that ibrickr method for a jailbroken 1.1.3 then decided when the Dev team released theirs i would use that.

So i downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke it, ran oktoprep, went to install 1.1.2 using itunes but every time i get an error and it automatically puts my ipod back into recovery mode so i have to restore it back to 1.1.1 again. This has happened 5 times in a row now and it's annoying. As everytime i have to restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak, install oktoprep and try again.

Why wont it upgrade to 1.1.2 through itunes (yes i do have the 1.1.2 firmware on my hdd).

I got tired of it and for now am just using a stock 1.1.3 firmware with no jailbreak until i can figure out what is causing the error every single time.

(Also the error says "error upgrading ipod "ipod" blahblah" where the ipod name is NOT ipod it is named "Alex's iPod" so i have no idea why its saying the ipod name is "iPod"
  2. ipodtouchman23

ipodtouchman23 New Member

what do clicked?. is it restore or update to 1.1.2?.. it must be UPDATE if you are going to 1.1.2.
  3. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes i click SHIFT+Update and click on the 1.1.2 firmware. It goes to the "Waiting for ipod" "Extracting ipod firmware"

then 5 mins go by and it errors saying ipod "ipod" could not be blah blah whatever the error is.

Then it says "itunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode" and i am forced to restore.
    I never had this problem before so i have no idea what the heck is going on. I had a 1.1.2 jailbreak before all of this and it was fine. I decided to try to the ibrickr 1.1.3 method with the iphone apps, then wanted to go to the dev team's version and am stuck on 1.1.1 jailbroken. Aw well.
  4. ipodtouchman23

ipodtouchman23 New Member

try restarting your computer. i think it is in your itunes.

that might help.
  5. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    or u could make sure u have the newest itunes and if u do uninstall itunes and reinstall it
  6. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I feel for you man, I have the same problem. I can restore to any firmware, but it won't update (error 1602/1604). Apple recommends trying a different USB port; uninstall/reinstall iTunes, Quicktime, Apple Mobile Device Support and Apple Software Update; and update USB drivers. None of which worked for me. I ended saying f-it. I'm still running 1.1.1. The only other thing to do is try a different computer.
  7. T0uchD0wn

T0uchD0wn New Member

Oh man, you have iCancer. Sorry dude, that happened to my friend's ipod once, had to buy a new one

Please Register or Log in to view images

However, you might not, there's an error that looks like iCancer that you might have, which is fixable, but you have to wipe it's hardrive.