I heard a ton of people were having the same problem as me: books werent showing up in books app on 1.1.4, or they were showing up but none of the files within (chapters,covers) were showing up. but I did some sleuthing and found a fix for this! all you do is use finder or ssh and change the permissions of the FOLDER var/root/media/ebooks to 755. then change the permissions of the FOLDER AND EVERYTHING INSIDE for the ebook you want. for me, I wanted to read the Da Vinci Code. so I used ssh to change the permissions of var/root/media/ebooks/The Da Vinci Code to 755, and all of the files within that folder to 755. and now it works!