I FInelly Bought the new airport extreme!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Andrew, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Its really great. i have an imac g5 the one before the isight 2.0 gig and 1.5meg ram. I used to use the airport inside it and leave my computer downstairs by the cable modem but then people would keep taking out my wan cable to use on there pc's . and the signal couldnt reach upstairs to well. it would work well sometimes but other times not so well. SO yes i finelly bough the nice new airport extreme and hooked it up downstairs and brought my imac upstairs in my room. where it receives the signal on my imac with all 15 bars full!!! and now i can get around my street really far with my itouch. I highly recommend it to everyone. I wish i could keep the airport upstairs by all its other mac brethren cause its so pretty. But yeah and now i have a one terabyte harddrive hooked up to it so everyone can use it in my house. its very nice. im gonna get a usb hub and hook up a printer as well. and the nice thing is there is three lan ports on the airport so all the comps downstairs that dont have a wifi receiver can plug into the airport directly. I have a nice little network now. that isnt taxing my imacs lonely wifi. the wifi is very fast but i know it could be so much fast if my imac had the new airport type in it. what im thinking is waiting until the new airport express comes out so i can receive the airport extremes signal from downstairs at full speed. but as of right now i clocked my internet connection and i get 6247kbs download rate and upload 330kbs i am gonna clock my ipod to in a bt. If you wanna clock your computer and or itouches connection def check out this site. http://www.speedtest.net/ it is very nice.
    Oh and if any one has any interesting ideas of something i could do with my wifi let me know. ok thanks guys
  2. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i have my airport extreme as well and i love it...i would highly recommend getting a wireless N card for the computers you use the most
    also you can set up wireless printing if you dont really use your tb hard drive
    also if you want to really experiment with your itouch download the afp bonjour or soemthing like that from installer and you can access your hard disk
  3. Andrew

Andrew New Member

oh what does bonjour do difrently then the airport disc unitilty app? i ve allways wonderd what bonjour was all about k let me know for sure