I feel stupid, please don't flame me.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Corsairkid, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok I am pretty clueless when it comes to this whole jailbreaking business. I would like to Jailbreak my 8gb touch using the "Easiest Method, no comp required" found here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5887

I have read through a ton of jail break threads and I am still confused on the next part. So once my touch is "jailbroken" using the above method, is it just a matter of me clicking on the new icon on my hope screen, finding an app I like, and clicking install? From what I have been reading, it sounds very complicated and involves a lot of folder, encoding, etc. I would really appreciate it if someone can take the time to explain all this in simple english (what buttons to press, etc). All I really want is mail, calendar, and maybe a game or two. Again, thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me out. I really appreciate it!
  2. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First of all, are you using a Mac or Windows machine? I could be of much more help if you were on a Mac.
  3. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im using Windows Vista. I thought you didn't need a computer with this way of jailbreaking?
  4. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well if you want the Mail and Calendar apps from the iPhone, and some NES ROMs or something, you're gonna need a computer.
  5. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    O Ok. So what would I be able to get without a computer? Anything?
  6. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well... Mail, Calendar, NES ROMs...

And any other iPhone apps. Most other apps you can just install in the Installer app on your iPoT.
  7. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    O I understand. So what kind of 'other' apps can I get using the Installer app? btw, thanks a lot for all your help.
  8. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, basically anything that you can find. Just tap the application you want in the Installer and click Install. It's as easy as that!
  9. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alrite I just jail broke it! Basically, I now have the Apollo instant messenger (which is AWESOME), sudoku, sketches, and summer board. I also found the calendar fix on there which is cool. All I need is a mail app and I am good to go. Thanks so much for all your help. It was really easy!
  10. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

. For the Mail app I suggest looking in the iPhone Applications forum. You should be able to find what you need.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.