I dropped my iPod..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jmguitar23, Apr 10, 2008.

1. jmguitar23

jmguitar23 New Member

I dropped my iPod touch from about 4 feet up onto a hard wood floor glass first and it cracked internally, it still works but there is an annoying cracked down the middle of the screen, i have the Apple protection plan will they give me a new one for around 30 bucks like usual or what?
  2. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

I would check the fine print w/ the plan.. make sure that it covers damages like that... I thought they usually just covered problems that just kinda naturally happened (ipod did it to itself, like battery going out, OS not working, stuff like that)

if you can't figure it out, call Apple or whoever you bought it from and ask.. that'd be your best bet.. Hope they will replace/discount/do something for you.
  3. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

well it was your fault so i would get my warenty
  4. Ruiner

Ruiner New Member

three days after I bought my touch, I had dropped it on the sidewalk.., nothing damaged, and still functioning as new.. , minor scratch on two corners though..

tough break man.. but dropping 'usually' isnt covered by warranty.
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

The only way would be if you could some how convince them that it cracked on its own, which I'd say is nearly impossible.

If you got it recently, perhaps you could say it was like that when you bought it and just noticed.

If you can find something wrong that is covered by the warranty, than you can kill 2 birds with one trip to the Apple Store.

You're probably screwed. I've dropped it a couple times from pretty high and I've been lucky.
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Dropping it is most definitely not covered in the warranty. I just read there factory warranty yesterday. again. Basically any damage done by you voids the warranty.

But like most retail stores if you put up a good fight they will take it back.
  7. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah Just say the screen cracked, and that you want a replacement.
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Just put your iPod under a heat gun and say it melted while you were charging it.
  9. rocky1234

rocky1234 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well no! i dropped my ipt on wooden carpeted floor, intially every thing was fine, but the home button stopped working like 1 hr later, i was not able to come out an app and had to reboot and RESTORE(JAILBROKEN)

Please Register or Log in to view images

but i got a replacement NO QUESTIONS ASKED

10. littleman18

littleman18 New Member

mine gt crushed by a bus i brought it back with the receipt and i had insurance on it and they gave me a new 1 cuz it was accidental damage if that helps