I dropped my ipod touch!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kirtyd101, Jun 3, 2009.

1. kirtyd101

kirtyd101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi everyone, i was just wonndering how durable the ipod touch 2g was because recently i have been very careless and have accidentally dropped it a few times. is the ipod very durable, or can a very small fall hurt it?
  2. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont know about the ipod touch, but I saw a vid of an iPhone 3G dropped 4 times from shoulder height, and its screen broke and the touch pad stopped working. I think it should be similar to the iPod.
  3. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It depends on what it gets dropped onto and whether or not you have a case. Mine's fallen about five times, works perfectly.
  4. kirtyd101

kirtyd101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay well i mean i have a normal case, and its only been dropped about a foot each time som i would hope that im safe....
  5. jp!

jp! New Member

No one of my friends or I have a case, and we all drop it from time to time; besides a few minor scratches, nothing bad happens

Also, if you have a case, it's even better. I don't think dropping it from a foot would hurt it though
  6. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ive dropped my 1gen once or twice from the top of my bunkbed (accidentally of course) and its fine, no case or anything
  7. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's fine
    I saw this video on youtube, and the guy was showing how durable the iPhone is and he was simulating general wair and tear, like he put it into a big ziplock bag w/ keys, and show it around, and it was fine

then he like dropped it outside on the concrete a few times, and all that happened was a few scuffs on the metal plating on the bottom

No case whatsoever.
  8. Szteto

Szteto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185289

I guess that it all depends on the fall, That's my story, and I also have a new problem. Whenever I plug it in to any system, tried OSX, Ubuntu, Windows (7 and xp) tried my Airport extreme, and an external hard drive with a USB port on it, It crashes, only when the actual OS is running though, it boots just fine, the very low battery charge feature works fine. I have spent the past hour trying to get it into DFU mode for a restore...
  9. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    More durable than a baby.
  10. Szteto

Szteto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you for that, I needed a laugh XD