I don't understand...help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yafimski, Oct 13, 2009.

1. yafimski

yafimski New Member

Hi.

I wanted to jailbreak my 2g 3.1.1 ipod touch.
    I dl'd the blackra1n file to my desktop.
    I opened itunes, connected my ipod and ran the file.
    It said it finished jailbreaking.
    After I once didn't get what I was supposed to do, I restored my ipod from itunes, but forgot to press shift+restore, so i just restored it... (oops)

Anyway, so i ran the ra1n file again, the picture showed up, it rebooted and I found the ra1n app in my ipod.

So i went ahead and tried to install the rock\icy\cydia apps but it won't let me!
    there is some error that says: "error domain=......operation could not be completed. Invalid argument"

What is that? what is wrong with what I did?

And another question... about the restore in itunes. when i finish dl'ing cydia or w/e, what do I do? restore? doesn't that delete everything? how do I do the restore process properly?

Thanks a lot

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Inaska

Inaska New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't know what caused that problem. But after you finish installing Cydia, thats all you do. If you restore your ipod you lose everything and will have to re-jailbreak it again.
    So don't restore it unless the jailbreak doesn't work.
  3. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i believe you need a wifi connection, and you have to download cydia/icy/rock over that.. because on my cydia when i dont have wifi and i open cydia it says that, so i take it to mean a fancy way to say no wifi.. why this is i dont know, i think it should come with all three and delete the ones not used when you delete the blackrain app, but no you need wifi, so try it then and let me know how it goes
  4. yafimski

yafimski New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    wifi

hi

thanks a lot so far.

about the wifi...my ipod recognized a wireless connection named "sim1", but if i try to connect it asks for a password...

how do i get a working connection?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hi guys.

I went to a public wifi place and there i could dl the cydia.
    I installed cydia.

Now I don't understand why I even need it??
    I uninstalled the ra1n tool on my ipod btw...

anyway, i downloaded some applications and games from the internet in .ipa format.
    When I go to itunes, check the boxes of the apps in the application tab, and click on "sync", it tries to sync them to my ipod and then tells me i'm not authorized to install the applications and I should authorize my computer first.

The thing is... I'm already authorized!!!! so i can't sync applications but I don't know why... what's wrong?

thank you...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    guys, i just ran into another problem..

I shut down and started the ipod again, and now it doesn't let me do anything with it on itunes until I restore it..

BUT

if I restore it won't that delete the whole jailbreak thing i did?

thank you again...
  5. Inaska

Inaska New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    To connect to the wireless network, you need to type the password in. Since the network is password protected you need it to access it.
    I don't know much about fixing problems with iTunes but make sure in Cydia, that you add the source [bananas.r.us] and install [bananas]. This allows unofficial apps to be synced to your iPod.
    If you need to restore you have to. It will undo the jailbreak but you can simply do it again.
  6. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Read the rules...

and just buy the fricken apps, a lot are made by independent developers who put a lot of time and effort into their work,,, if everybody pirated apps, then no one would develop for the iphone/ipod, kinda like the psp in a way...

I also won't be helping you if you plan to use jailbreaking for bad intentions, people like you are why apple hates jailbreaking