i dont see the need to jb

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by bodi_dillon, Jan 26, 2008.

1. bodi_dillon

bodi_dillon New Member

y is there this massive fuss over jailbreaking 1.1.3? its not that much better than 1.1.3 paid for. im just going to wait for sdk release and get 3rd party apps from apple
  2. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cos we're sticking it to the man

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. bodi_dillon

bodi_dillon New Member

but from wat ive read the latest jailbreak is sh*t cuz it wasnt done by the dev team
  4. MomDad

MomDad New Member

What do you mean why? For the same reason people wanted to jailbreak the previous versions and will do so for future versions as well. All the features of 1.1.3 plus all the custom/homebrew apps ... "not that much better than 1.1.3 paid for" ... ?? ... be serious.

You may not "get" the reasons why/you may be chicken to do it/you may not be into custom apps/etc., but no one is forcing you to do it. If you don't want to, then don't. Why worry about other people's reasons for doing it?

It does have issues, but I wouldn't classify it as "sh*t" because of that. Granted, most will probably re-JB when a more solid one is released, but in the past couple days people have made remarkable strides in getting around the shortcomings of the iBrickr method.

-MD
  5. ccmn

ccmn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I don't know about other people but I don't need my iPod to live. Its a toy, in fact its the coolest toy I have ever had. And like every toy I have ever had I mess with it try to get it todo stuff it wasn't made todo. And the best part about messing with the iPod is you can always restore and sync iTunes in little time and walk out the door. I have had lots of toys that I have taken to the point of no return. Hacking the iPod is alot of fun and thats what toys are for.
  6. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Jailbreak 1.1.3 to Apple 1.1.3 Comparison. Well kind of.

Well when you jailbreak 1.1.3 you get all the apps you Can't get with the original software from Apple. then your iPod simply becomes...

1. Dictionary.

2. Phone (VOiP)

3. Game System.

4. Notepad.

5. Sketch.

6. ART (customizable)

7. Flashlight.

8. PDA (sums up for everything else it has, that I might be missing)
  7. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

yeh same, im stiucking out to the SDK, this jb looks very very unofficial, even more than beofre. There was a post about all of the copyright breaking it does or somin. I like to keep it legal ( he says with 2700 gba roms in his sig ^^) The official stuff that will be pumped out with the SDK will be great. If you are JB'ing you are always in the rat race of beating apple.
  8. denoipod

denoipod New Member

... people do realize that when SDK comes out it will give you nothing that you can use. It is a software development kit for people that want to develope apps, its not an app by its self. So waiting for it to come out is a much longer wait then you realize. However smarter people then apple have allready developed apps for your iphone and ipod touch without having the SDK, but having the SDK will lessen the load on apple who are probably having a fieldday with calls from people with bricked ipods.
  9. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When the SDK is released, there will be apps ready within a week. Current apps may only have to make a few changes for their apps to fit into Apple's distribution system (which I assume is solely through the iTunes Store).